Questions(?'s) Interesting Jerry Jones on Manny Lawson blurb

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Did the Dallas Cowboys work out Manny Lawson yet?

Do the Cowboys plan to work out Manny Lawson or anybody again this week?

When I was looking at Cowboysplus.com analyis Rich Gosselin interview with Jerry Jones, Rich mention that he has Manny Lawson going to the Cowboys on his mock draft and Jerry Jones commented by saying, "you assuming we stay at that 18th pick, you could make a good bet that we well take him"-jerry jones.

Proof::
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=61394&catId=342

montgod

Reaction score
let me see. So, everyone knows how secretive and deceptive everyone is in the draft. Do you think if JJ specifically said this that his sites are truly on Lawson? If anything, I would think he wouldn't pick Lawson with this comment. Just my opinion though...

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
montgod said:
let me see. So, everyone knows how secretive and deceptive everyone is in the draft. Do you think if JJ specifically said this that his sites are truly on Lawson? If anything, I would think he wouldn't pick Lawson with this comment. Just my opinion though...

thanks for the input... I just feel he really hinted to the point that this could be his guy at that 18th pick.

6-6 251 /4.41 40 yard dash /41 verticle

He was the defensive player of the year with Mario Williams on the team, which I see as the best defensive player in the draft.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
montgod said:

I have yet to hear Jerry deny having an interest in any player he is being asked about when he was asked about Young he showed interest. Also remember last year with Merriman being upset because he thought Dallas was going to draft him based on Jerry or Randy Moss being upset because he thought Dallas would draft him based off Jerry. Jerry says a lot of things but until we actually pull the trigger on draft day this is still a guessing game

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I have yet to hear Jerry deny having an interest in any player he is being asked about when he was asked about Young he showed interest. Also remember last year with Merriman being upset because he thought Dallas was going to draft him based on Jerry or Randy Moss being upset because he thought Dallas would draft him based off Jerry. Jerry says a lot of things but until we actually pull the trigger on draft day this is still a guessing game

How about taking Joey Porter out to lunch and telling him you going to draft him?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
How about taking Joey Porter out to lunch and telling him you going to draft him?

It happens and Jerry is not the only Owner/GM who is getting on the phone and whispering sweet nothings to players right now. Teams are trying to gauge the player’s interest in them as well. Also I'm sure Dallas is interested in Lawson I would suspect they are interested in some other players who are expected to still be on the board at 18

neosapien23

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
thanks for the input... I just feel he really hinted to the point that this could be his guy at that 18th pick.

6-6 251 /4.41 40 yard dash /41 verticle

He was the defensive player of the year with Mario Williams on the team, which I see as the best defensive player in the draft.

Is Lawson really 251 lbs. There are so many crazy rumors about his weight that it is hard to decifer the truth. If he is, I hope Dallas takes him at 18.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Did the Dallas Cowboys work out Manny Lawson yet?

Do the Cowboys plan to work out Manny Lawson or anybody again this week?

When I was looking at Cowboysplus.com analyis Rich Gosselin interview with Jerry Jones, Rich mention that he has Manny Lawson going to the Cowboys on his mock draft and Jerry Jones commented by saying, "you assuming we stay at that 18th pick, you could make a good bet that we well take him"-jerry jones.

Proof::
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=61394&catId=342

Well, I guess you could look at JJ as the antithesis of EF Hutton.

When Jerruh talks, everybody turns and looks at Bill.

:laugh2:

marchetta

Reaction score
I also like JJ's remark about how much BP values players that not only help at their drafted position, but also help on special teams. Manny was a special teams demon at NC State. He was a legitimate threat to block FGs and Punts. I think this ability will give him the advantage over Carpenter or Wimbley.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
montgod said:

Here's something I haven't heard anyone talk about. It's almost universally agreed that everything is a lie from GMs and such in the last couple weeks. Why not actually say who you want? Everyone will think you're lying. How many people heard a team say "We want player X" and immediately assume they didn't actually want them without even thinking.

Maybe Jerry really does want Manny and his forward-thinking reverse psychology will help him drop to us since no one thinks we actually want him.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't really think that Jerry was pointing towards Lawson but more so a defensive player.

If you listen, he says that unless a top offensive player falls, Dallas will look in that direction.......that direction being defense because he follows up that statement with:

"At what position, I dunno"

And then continues to talk about how Secondary is a real deep position in the draft.....

Personally, just sounds like more of the jibber-jabber you would expect during this week.

CoCo

Reaction score
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that even though a team may express strong interest in you as a potential draftee NOTHING is set in concrete unless that team has the #1 overall pick.

Are GM's lying to players or are draftees too naive in thinking that the equivalent of a flirtatious glance means the GM is gonna pop the question.

I just don't see how there is much room for a player to be disillusioned unless they are really naive.

Similarly, its fun to speculate about who Dallas is interested in but if you think Jerry/Bill are just gonna put all their cards on the table for all to see is equally naive. Have fun with the speculation but keep it real. Even Jerry & Bill don't know who they will pick at 18 because they don't know who's gonna be there. They'll build their draft board but stranger things have happened than departing from the board when the time comes. (see Doug Cosbie instead of Joe Montana).

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
marchetta said:
I also like JJ's remark about how much BP values players that not only help at their drafted position, but also help on special teams. Manny was a special teams demon at NC State. He was a legitimate threat to block FGs and Punts. I think this ability will give him the advantage over Carpenter or Wimbley.

littlewebs said:
Here's something I haven't heard anyone talk about. It's almost universally agreed that everything is a lie from GMs and such in the last couple weeks. Why not actually say who you want? Everyone will think you're lying. How many people heard a team say "We want player X" and immediately assume they didn't actually want them without even thinking.

Maybe Jerry really does want Manny and his forward-thinking reverse psychology will help him drop to us since no one thinks we actually want him.

GOOD POINTS:bow:

Like Jerry Jones said he wants people that could play defense as well as special teams. It's obvious that Manny Lawson wants to become a Cowboys because I remember him saying in a interview that he could see himself (dapping up) Demarcus Ware after a sack.

Manny Lawson do put himself in position to block kicks and punts.