Quick look at Wisconsin tight end Lance Kendricks.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/...-fourth-ranked-tight-end/?partner=rss&emc=rss

No. 4 Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin (6-2, 243)
If Kendricks had the frame of Notre Dame tight end Kyle Rudolph, he would give Rudolph a run for his money as the best all-around tight end in this class. I’m impressed with Kendricks’s run-blocking skills. He gets his hands on a defender and has enough dexterity and strength to keep them there while generating a push. In the games I watched, Kendricks repeatedly funneled defenders away from runners with his initial punch and hand placement.

When he’s patient enough, he can also deliver a good cut block.
This is pretty much what one would expect from a tight end who played at Wisconsin, which is why Owen Daniels, Travis Beckum and Garrett Graham were all viable N.F.L. prospects despite their H-back size. And Kendricks belongs on this list for the same reasons. As a receiver, he has the initial burst off the line and the ability to use his hands and feet to avoid a jam to get downfield. He demonstrates the flexibility in his hips to change direction sharply at the top of his route into his break. He also works back to the quarterback and gets his hands up early.

fishspill

Reaction score
Anyone know how Phillips rehab is going? TE might be a bigger priority in this draft than we think.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
fishspill;3897970 said:
Anyone know how Phillips rehab is going? TE might be a bigger priority in this draft than we think.

there was an article about him during superbowl week and phillips said he was doing fine, dont remember where it was, but i remember seeing phillips on some show talking during the SB week