Quinn had a lot of input in our drafting

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In our drafting and getting players that fit in his scheme, a certain size in CB's, and realizing when there was a need, we need to address it even if it didn't work out well for us. Will our new DC be given so much reign as Quinn had, please give your thoughts...

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yeah why wouldn't he? They didn't hire a new DC to draft/sign players that dont align with a new scheme.

lkelly

Reaction score
Right. He's probably here for a year, so it's not like he's going to help select a generation of Dallas players. With the diminished number of picks, it will be a quiet war room anyway.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Zimmer, yeah. Jerry already trusts him and he does seek out advice of coaches during draft. If it were a newer guy, probably not.

I'm a little encouraged that DQ won't be picking for us anymore. Zim had a few good picks on his resume, but I'm not sure if he's good or not

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Maybe because he'll probably only be here for one year
If you new DC doesn't get a say in player evaluation, then you hired the wrong DC. And if Jerry hired the guy with the intent he is only here for one year then he hired the wrong DC.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Quinn came in on the second year of McCarthy's contract. Zimmer is coming here on his last, huge difference
But Zimmy has the added value of being the next head coach in waiting. You'll want to go with his guys.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Quinn came in on the second year of McCarthy's contract. Zimmer is coming here on his last, huge difference
So what type of players do you pick then? Do they have the next coaching staff on speed dial to get a feel for what they want? I just dont get the logic that you shut out your coaching staff because they might not be around in 12 months.

jwitten82

Reaction score
So what type of players do you pick then? Do they have the next coaching staff on speed dial to get a feel for what they want? I just dont get the logic that you shut out your coaching staff because they might not be around in 12 months.
Idk honestly, that's what makes this situation suck. This FO is garbage is the real take away from this