"Bobby" Hayes And The Cowboys' Uniforms...

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
...I was watching all the video about Bob Hayes election to the HOF today and I recalled with fondness that Coach Landry often referred to Hayes as "Bobby". It was kind of his pet name for him.

Also, in watching the old highlights it hit me how BEAUTIFUL our uniforms were during that era.

The block numerals on the jerseys, the gray/silver pants and the combination white jerseys for home and royal blue jerseys for road games were the most beautiful uniforms I've ever seen. It made me remember why I was so captured by the Cowboys as a kid.

If I was Jerry I would redo our uniforms to match those of the late 60's, early 70's. They were things of beauty!

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2613538 said:
...I was watching all the video about Bob Hayes election to the HOF today and I recalled with fondness that Coach Landry often referred to Hayes as "Bobby". It was kind of his pet name for him.

Also, in watching the old highlights it hit me how BEAUTIFUL our uniforms were during that era.

The block numerals on the jerseys, the gray/silver pants and the combination white jerseys for home and royal blue jerseys for road games were the most beautiful uniforms I've ever seen. It made me remember why I was so captured by the Cowboys as a kid.

If I was Jerry I would redo our uniforms to match those of the late 60's, early 70's. They were things of beauty!

That they were my friend, that they were!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The ones I fell in love with. That blue was the best we ever had.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2613538 said:

:hammer:

It drives me crazy when fans say that our current unis are "classic" and shouldn't be changed. They have no idea what they're talking about.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I posted this a few weeks ago and will say it again. I don't understand why we don't use that era jersey as our "throwback" ever.

Why do all our throwbacks have to have double stars?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
RainMan;2613577 said:
I posted this a few weeks ago and will say it again. I don't understand why we don't use that era jersey as our "throwback" ever.

Why do all our throwbacks have to have double stars?

The double star ones from the 90's are more like a throwup and back.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i got a feeling today that a change may be coming to the Boys uniforms.

i went to the local Cowboys Pro Shop and lo and behold...everything in the
the store...EVERYTHING......is 40% off.
i dont remember them ever cutting prices for everything that much.
the thought hit me that ol Jerry might be fixing to make a change.
just a feeling, ive been wrong before.