No consideration to trades, etc.
Guys I like:

1. OT - DJ Fluker - Alabama

2. DE - Datone Jones - UCLA or Tank Carradine - Florida St

3. CB - BW Webb - William & Mary

4. RB - Christine Michael - Texas A&M

5. OG - Earl Watford - JMU

6. S - Bacarri Rambo - Georgia

Every single one of your picks will be gone by the time you have us getting them with the exception of Fluker

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
XxTDxX;5052731 said:
Every single one of your picks will be gone by the time you have us getting them with the exception of Fluker

Agree.

I recommend staying within 10 picks of the CBS Sports rankings.

I don't think the Cowboys will draft Rambo due the character issues, but a team like Cincinnati will probably take him in the 3rd.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
XxTDxX;5052731 said:

There was a studio guest on Cahill's and Broaddus' draft show saying Fluker might go much earlier as well. It would shock me, but there's one or two big reaches every draft.

XxTDxX

Reaction score
Leadbelly;5052803 said:
There was a studio guest on Cahill's and Broaddus' draft show saying Fluker might go much earlier as well. It would shock me, but there's one or two big reaches every draft.

I saw that and have been hearing rumors of that as well but I don't really see it happening.. If it happens I will be happy lol it pushes someone better to us.. In my opinion Fluker is a 2nd round talent

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Chuck 54;5052716 said:
No consideration to trades, etc.
Guys I like:

1. OT - DJ Fluker - Alabama

2. DE - Datone Jones - UCLA or Tank Carradine - Florida St

3. CB - BW Webb - William & Mary

4. RB - Christine Michael - Texas A&M

5. OG - Earl Watford - JMU

6. S - Bacarri Rambo - Georgia

I certainly won't argue the fact, but opinions do vary.
Kiper rates Fluker # 19 overall, and most teams don't value a RT in round one as much as we should... if not, I'll be happy with DL
He rates Jones and Carradine 38 & 44 and has Carradine going at 44 in round 2...striking distance.
Webb he ranks 78 overall and in same round. Small school could easily push him a little, and I actually do believe the OG from JMU makes it that far.
Michael doesn't make his three round mock...few RBs do, so why not 4th round for 8th ranked RB?
If Rambo goes earlier or is off our board, I really like his Georgia mate too.

I may not hit on any of these guys, but I would love it because I feel much more desperate for a long term bookend OT. I think we have lots of former 3-4 DEs who can play DT, but we need another DE who can play either side while others seem to be looking for the speedier pass rushers these days. Also, while I'm not sold on our safeties, we need a Quality 4th CB worse with Jenkins gone, especially with no real studs at S this year. I think we'll find a safety who can compete much later than many suspect.

Mock drafts are all a shot in the dark, and there will be plenty of surprises next week. Time will tell. I can dream. :)