"Gilligan" passes away at age 70: See ya little buddy...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Bob Denver passed away today from complications of cancer treatment...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RIP Gilligan, Dobbie Gillis and Bob.

Guy was a fellow West Virginian and had taken some heat for MJ use over the last few years but I guess with cancer maybe he had a reason to use it.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Guy was a fellow West Virginian and had taken some heat for MJ use over the last few years but I guess with cancer maybe he had a reason to use it.

That's why Gilligan thwarted every plan to get off that island... that tropical setting was very conducive to growing spleef! ;)

Of course, he got in trouble for shipping it to Dawn Wells (Mary Ann) via FedEx... The Skipper would have given him a good hat beating had he been alive to see that one...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
That's why Gilligan thwarted every plan to get off that island... that tropical setting was very conducive to growing spleef! ;)

Of course, he got in trouble for shipping it to Dawn Wells (Mary Ann) via FedEx... The Skipper would have given him a good hat beating had he been alive to see that one...

He needed to send some to Mary Ann as Mary Ann was the only one who could send back the coconut munchies to Gilligan. :D

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
How sad...

RIP Bob Denver.. Thanks for the laughs and the "Don't be a Gilligan" phrase

Well, looks like the Skipper and his little buddy are back together again in paradise

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Princess said:
How sad...

RIP Bob Denver.. Thanks for the laughs and the "Don't be a Gilligan" phrase

Well, looks like the Skipper and his little buddy are back together again in paradise
Aren't Mary Ann and the Prof the only ones still around? I know the Skipper and The Howells have passed away.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Aren't Mary Ann and the Prof the only ones still around? I know the Skipper and The Howells have passed away.

I think Tina Louise(Ginger) is still alive.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Brian his character name in Dobbie Gillis was Manor G Crebs man was that a funny show and Bob was better in that than he was in Giligan's Island which is saying something for me I loved and is still fun to watch Giligan

yesfan

Reaction score
RIP My favorite was Maynarn G on Dobie Gillis.
Feeling a little sad today. We're all getting old.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
yesfan said:
RIP My favorite was Maynarn G on Dobie Gillis.
Feeling a little sad today. We're all getting old.

Yes we are.......Maynarn G was my favorite also

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Maynard G Krebbs...or however you spell it..just a tad before my time...but Gilligan's Island..a fav.

Bob Denver was a guy who personified youth.. Kinda sad...and yes, we are all aging.

RIP

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Maynard G Krebbs...or however you spell it..just a tad before my time...but Gilligan's Island..a fav.

Bob Denver was a guy who personified youth.. Kinda sad...and yes, we are all aging.

RIP

Juke what Nick at Nite is for.

on of the best ones is when Crebs goes on a hunger strike and all the girls are chasing him around trying to feed him when he does eat they just over stuff him :lmao: great episode

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I feel closer to death every day.

So many people that I have grown up knowing though television are dying.

RIP - Mr. Denver.

Texas33

Reaction score
RIP Little Buddy .... "Rescue From Gilligans Island" is one of my all-time fave TV movies...