"I wasn't the one pulling the trigger"

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Was TO right when he said this after the Eagles game? Did he already see that Drew was pulling a McNabb? or did he see that Drew wasnt gonna take us anywhere?

We may need to thank TO in an indirect way? Saving us from more of Drew

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
YoMick;1119316 said:
Was TO right when he said this after the Eagles game? Did he already see that Drew was pulling a McNabb? or did he see that Drew wasnt gonna take us anywhere?

Yeah that's it. Parcell's heard TO's quote and suddenly realized that Drew had to go.

In the end, was TO's decision.

:rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1119316 said:

When TO was asked about that comment later he said he was not referring to Bledsoe he was talking about who was calling the plays.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Erik_H;1119322 said:
Yeah that's it. Parcell's heard TO's quote and suddenly realized that Drew had to go.

In the end, was TO's decision.

:rolleyes:

I did write "indirect" - go back and re-read it

mbanx;1119329 said:
After that drop of 4th and 2 TO should just keep quiet.
Agreed. It changed the game.

Doomsday101;1119333 said:
When TO was asked about that comment later he said he was not referring to Bledsoe he was talking about who was calling the plays.

Yeah I heard that... wasnt too convincing though....

Martice

Reaction score
The fact that TO is a playmaker that wasn't making plays was enough to shine the light on Drew's game. TO didn't have to say a word. When you have a guy who can make plays that TO can but he is not getting a chance to make the plays, then you have to look at the source of the problem. Especially if a green QB, fresh off the pine seems to not have a problem finding him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1119337 said:
I did write "indirect" - go back and re-read it

Agreed. It changed the game.

Yeah I heard that... wasnt too convincing though....

You get after ESPN for making things up or reading something into a qoute by a player and yet you are going to do that as well? Come on Drew is sitting and Romo is getting his chance no need to make things up.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1119378 said:
You get after ESPN for making things up or reading something into a qoute by a player and yet you are going to do that as well? Come on Drew is sitting and Romo is getting his chance no need to make things up.

"pulling the trigger" = QB throwing ball

or

"pulling the trigger" = calling the plays

you have common sense - which one makes more sense? which one fits TO's MO

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1119385 said:

or

I do I heard TO and what he said I take him for his word not trying to put words in his mouth as you are and it is funny that you get all upset when others have done that to TO but your doing it now. Hey if you want to take what TO says and spin it fine by me but I know what the guy said

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;1119385 said:

or

The second. You know, the one he explicitly said was what he meant.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Idgit;1119397 said:
The second. You know, the one he explicitly said was what he meant.

Ok... I will play....

when firs asked... he said "I wasnt the one pulling the trigger" with that smile on his face like he was talking about Drew....

it was only LATER... when they asked him what he meant did he realize that he had to spin.... lets just say that this is my take on it....

If I am the only one who saw that - that is fine.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I dont think that factored in at all.

Bill told anybody that would listen that hes trying to get this kid ready to play.

He told us ahead of time he thinks the kid can be a good QB.

Parcells has dropped hints since way back in early August.

I wasn't surprised at all when Bledsoe got benched in the 2nd half because its obvious Parcells thinks the kid can play. Hes told us that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;1119465 said:
I dont think that factored in at all.

Bill told anybody that would listen that hes trying to get this kid ready to play.

He told us ahead of time he thinks the kid can be a good QB.

Parcells has dropped hints since way back in early August.

I wasn't surprised at all when Bledsoe got benched in the 2nd half because its obvious Parcells thinks the kid can play. Hes told us that.

I would agree that if Bill did not think Romo could play he would not be replacing Bledsoe. Romo has done what has been asked of him and performed well in pre-season and evidently has shown Parcells enough for Bill to have faith in him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mbanx;1119329 said:
After that drop of 4th and 2 TO should just keep quiet.
:hammer:

May I also respectfuly add that Owens was WIDE open with plenty of YAC to spare..?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;1119499 said:
:hammer:

May I also respectfuly add that Owens was WIDE open with plenty of YAC to spare..?

I agree but to be fair TO comment was made after the Philly game. His comments after the Giants game were very subdued. I think he realizes he blew it on a couple of big plays so he was not in a position to point a finger at anyone and he didn't.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1119502 said:
I agree but to be fair TO comment was made after the Philly game. His comments after the Giants game were very subdued. I think he realizes he blew it on a couple of big plays so he was not in a position to point a finger at anyone and he didn't.
I won't dispute that, but, imo, Owens should distance himself away from the media and allow his receiving skills to speak for him for the duration of the season. Of course, I know that I'm talking about Owens and that snowballs will be flying in hell before that'll ever happen...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;1119520 said:
I won't dispute that, but, imo, Owens should distance himself away from the media and allow his receiving skills to speak for him for the duration of the season. Of course, I know that I'm talking about Owens and that snowballs will be flying in hell before that'll ever happen...

You got that right. :laugh2: TO will continue to be requested by reporters for the post game interview and I expect TO will continue to do it and as long as he can have some control over what he says it will not be an issue with me.