"I would never put a player out there that doesn't practice, that would be crazy"

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think THAT statement right there is CRAZY.... We KNOW what TO can do... whats he gonna do hurt them team by being out there?

Come on BILL!!!

superpunk

Reaction score
Seems to me Bill is establishing dominance. I think in the long run, it's the right move.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
And / or just saying in coach speak it will be me who determines when any player will play.

To me TO will have limited playing time in the first game.

zack

Reaction score
YoMick said:
I think THAT statement right there is CRAZY.... We KNOW what TO can do... whats he gonna do hurt them team by being out there?

Come on BILL!!!

Sorry, you have to practice to play. Anyone who has played the game knows it. Even TO.

BigD

Got 5? We do!
Reaction score
zack said:
Sorry, you have to practice to play. Anyone who has played the game knows it. Even TO.

Exactly. I don't care who you are, if you aren't there sweating it out with your TEAM your *** should sit on the bench.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I agree, I haven't practiced with the Boyz and I don't expect BP to call me in to play :)

onetrickpony

Reaction score
YoMick said:

Come on BILL!!!

TO isn't ready to play. He nees to sit until he at least becomes familiar with the offence.

Someone who has been playing in this offense for a couple of years depending on their position could be a different story. Take Flozell for instance. He knows his assignments and an o-lineman has a limited amount of responsibilities on any given play. I would have no problem with him playing on very limited or no practice.

TO needs to practice to show he is ready to play.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
YoMick said:

Come on BILL!!!

Dude, he can have all the athletic ability in the world. If he doesn't practice, how will he know the plays and playbook well enough in real time. What if he runs the wrong route and Bledsoe throws an INT? Chances of that type of stuff increase the more you are not in there practicing the plays.

proline

Reaction score
T.O. needs to demonstrate IN PRACTICE that 1) he is healthy, 2) he understands and can execute his routes, blocking assignments, hot routes, etc. If Bledsoe zigs and T.O. zags, that could easily be 6 points going the other way.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick said:

Come on BILL!!!

The guy has never played outside the WCO and believe it or not they don't just go to practice because they are bored there is work to do through out the week to get ready for games and or the season. What is crazy is this attitude that these guys just show up on Sunday. This is not some Madden football game and the guys playing against us are true professional’s players practice to prepare.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
The guy has never played outside the WCO and believe it or not they don't just go to practice because they are bored there is work to do through out the week to get ready for games and or the season. What is crazy is this attitude that these guys just show up on Sunday. This is not some Madden football game and the guys playing against us are true professional’s players practice to prepare.

This is just another excuse that will come up if T.O. explodes. It will be just like it is now with Andy Reid getting so much critisizm over the whole Eagle fiasco. Just this time it will be "B.P. is so unreasonable and stubborn"

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
YoMick said:

Come on BILL!!!

for once, i agree with T.O. over bill. we know what he is capable of.

not to menton he HAS seen him practice.

anyone remember 1993....emmitt smith.....no one cared that he hadn't practiced all summer.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
for once, i agree with T.O. over bill. we know what he is capable of.

not to menton he HAS seen him practice.

anyone remember 1993....emmitt smith.....no one cared that he hadn't practiced all summer.

Emmitt did not have to get his timing down with a new QB and Emmitt did not have to learn a new system. We know what TO did in the WCO this is not the WCO and even if it were he has had very little work with Bledsoe and the offense in general to this point. You guys talk like this is backyard football and it is not.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TO's not above the rest of the guys out there. He needs to practice with his new team. This isn't a McNair situation where he's settled into the system for years and therefore can sit out during the whole week then play on Sunday.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Emmitt did not have to get his timing down with a new QB and Emmitt did not have to learn a new system. We know what TO did in the WCO this is not the WCO and even if it were he has had very little work with Bledsoe and the offense in general to this point. You guys talk like this is backyard football and it is not.

of course it's not, and of course it's different...but let's not get crazy. T.O. is a beast of a reciever. he is a RARE talent. just get him on the field.

even BP says he has been sharp in class. what makes you think he can't go out there and get it done?

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
TO's not above the rest of the guys out there. He needs to practice with his new team. This isn't a McNair situation where he's settled into the system for years and therefore can sit out during the whole week then play on Sunday.

he's not trying to be above the team. he's hurt.

are you gonna tell me his teammmates would rather see him sit on opening sunday b/c he's been dogged by a hammy? i highly doubt it.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I agree with Parcells on this, with a twist.
You don't practice, you don't start.

If Owens doesn't practice any prior to the first game (which I think he will and this will be moot) I would not start him.

Plus I would not risk any timing patterns to him, or a pass that he could zig and Bledsoe zag as one poster so eloquently put it.

But I would use a quick WR screen to him, a quick out, a quick slant route to him, one that he and Bledsoe could even draw up on the sidelines.

He can take a 2 yd pass and turn it into a 50 yd TD play and we all have seen him do it.

... ultimately I would get him the ball if he was healthy.

I would not be so stubborn as to not play him or get him the ball, .. once again, if he is healthy.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Parcells' statement may be meant for the rest of the team to hear. It's what they expect him to say. But it's not like he has to put on an act about this either--he wants Owens out on the practice field.

Owens knows this fact, and is in an equally uncomfortable position of weighing the risks of practicing vs. the benefits. He knows the other players don't want him to rush anything and come back too soon and hurt himself more seriously, (The younger WR's especially are in no hurry to see him return!).

I don't believe, as some have said, that this situation indicates that signing Owens was a colossal mistake. As for the other extreme, I don't believe that Bill and TO are secretly on the same page and really just messing with the minds of the mediots. I think as fans we'd be kidding ourselves to believe that.

There is a real conflict here, and some mutual friend, (maybe a millionaire with a new face) needs to step in and get them talking to each other one-on-one. Then whenever a reporter asks about the situation, Parcells or Owens can just smile and say nothing.

It may not get Owens back out there, but it might diffuse a potential bomb.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
I agree with Parcells on this, with a twist.
You don't practice, you don't start.

If Owens doesn't practice any prior to the first game (which I think he will and this will be moot) I would not start him.

Plus I would not risk any timing patterns to him, or a pass that he could zig and Bledsoe zag as one poster so eloquently put it.

But I would use a quick WR screen to him, a quick out, a quick slant route to him, one that he and Bledsoe could even draw up on the sidelines.

He can take a 2 yd pass and turn it into a 50 yd TD play and we all have seen him do it.

... ultimately I would get him the ball if he was healthy.

I would not be so stubborn as to not play him or get him the ball, .. once again, if he is healthy.

Exactly...
:hammer:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
All of the poster siding with BP and his approach... I understand I do... but there is a bigger picture here... and that is the season and TO healthy during the season and the playoffs and winning a SB(all of this practice and preseason becomes a moot point after game 1 starts)... TO doesnt walk a straight line and we aren't going to make him walk it... use TO for what he is... for what he was brought here for....

TO has to be handled in a similar way to the way Deion was handled, differently... we got a SB outta of it... that is our goal...