"Killer" and "Hammy"

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I know Feb 29th starts wheels turning and I'm curious to see where if at all the Cowboys make a splash. Out of the 15 FA's our team has to deal with these two are troubling me the most. Keith Davis and Ken Hamlin. Hamlin took his year to prove himself and boy did he. The cowboys finally found a good FS with some leadership skills to boot. Keith as we all know is as good as they come on ST's but I'm on the fence with his mindset in wanting to start and the money involved. You can't blame him, I'm just being selfish in wanting him to accept his current role. I hope Jerry and just maybe some player imput will keep these two around and not break the bank doing it.

Duane

Reaction score
I don't think that Davis comes back if he gets an offer to start somewhere. That and he's likely to cost more than we're willing to spend as well.

I think Hamlin is our #1 priority and he gets signed before anyone else does.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
There is a false assumption out there that the Cowboys can't afford Hamlin. (Shefter). He'll get offers from other teams, but I believe the Jones' get this one done.

Ceasaleo88

Reaction score
I think we get Hamlin signed and without much trouble. He'll remember last year, when everyone dissed him and Jerry gave him a chance to come play for a winning team and show what he's worth. Jerry's neva been one to be cheapskate if what he's paying for is worth it, and I think he puts a fair offer out to him, maybe not the best, but it'll be close enough that he resigns.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Give 1st and 3rd tenders to Barber and Canty, tag Flo, and then you have all your free time to work on a deal with Hamlin. Get him done first and then work on the other 3. If you can't get a deal done with either of them, you either get great picks in return or you have another year to work on a deal while they play for relatively cheap. I don't think any of them will holdout and not play.

sago1

Reaction score
Now that the pro bowl is over and the players will probably all be back in town soon I would hope/expect Jerry to get the deals done with Hamlin as well as tenders to MBIII & Canty if we can't work out contracts with them. It will be interesting to see if something can be worked out with Adams or what. Maybe Adams will agree to a one year deal with we include wording that next year we won't franchise him. I really doubt he would (assume Assaunte did that with the Pats but he's much younger) but maybe.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Doctor32;1951215 said:
There is a false assumption out there that the Cowboys can't afford Hamlin. (Shefter). He'll get offers from other teams, but I believe the Jones' get this one done.
Am I wrong in assuming Dallas is close to 20mil under the cap and they need around 5mil to sign the rooks. Then Jerry will want a little wiggle room left so that somewhere around 8 to 10Mil in the middle. I think?

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Boys#1 95;1951412 said:
Am I wrong in assuming Dallas is close to 20mil under the cap and they need around 5mil to sign the rooks. Then Jerry will want a little wiggle room left so that somewhere around 8 to 10Mil in the middle. I think?

The cap figure for '08 is not set. Any guess might be a wrong assumption. Who knows? Regardless, Hamlin could sign for an Archuleta type of $$ figure, and it still could get done.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I believe, right now, Adam has us figured at about 15 million under the cap but that is with the assumption that the new cap total is going to be at 116 for a team.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Who gave the nickname "Hammy?" I immediately thought of Hambricks

And I used to know a kid we called Hammy Buns :laugh2: irrelevant i know