"Odds are Terrell Owens will continue his NFL career with the Broncos."

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
The Denver Post believes that "Odds are Terrell Owens will continue his NFL career with the Broncos."

Perhaps the local rag knows something the rest of the country doesn't. If nothing else, the Broncos may have to battle their divisional rivals in Kansas City to get him.

Feb. 5 - 10:44 am et
Source: Denver Post

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Hard to say..smokescreen I'd say.

At best, Denver will establish the mark for any trade or contract negotiations and others will bid against.

I doubt any teams will trade for Owens, since he came to Philly as a FA and few teams will give up much considering he'll be a FA soon enough.

This sounds more like rumors leaking out of the Philly front office to keep interest going at Denver's expense.

I hope we are not interested in trading in anyway for him. No more Seattle Joey Galloway type trades ( 'a 1 and a 2' pick stuff) for a WR that is a flake.

Galloway was a flake, too.

We'll see. Whatever team takes the chance on TO will be desparate to win it in 2006.

Denver could be that team. I think we are going to be more desparate in 2007 to pull the trigger on some player we need to make a last ditch run.

It will be interesting.

parcellswaterboy

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gryphon said:
The Denver Post believes that "Odds are Terrell Owens will continue his NFL career with the Broncos."

Perhaps the local rag knows something the rest of the country doesn't. If nothing else, the Broncos may have to battle their divisional rivals in Kansas City to get him.

Feb. 5 - 10:44 am et
Source: Denver Post
The post knows nothing more than anybody else. If (which I doubt) the Broncos were interested the last people they would tell is the media.

Kansas City is not interested they are just trying to jack up the price for TO in case Denver is interested.

sago1

Reaction score
Read article in Denver newspaper 1-2 weeks ago which discussed future of some senior vet players with the Broncos cause of cuts/restructuring necessary since they $30M over the cap. Only way Denver can afford him is trading for him if he agreesable restructure his contract--works out for Eagles cause they get a pick for him and he goes to an AFC team. Maybe they also feel that getting him would even make Plummer play better.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
It will take about 1.5 games for the team to implode.

Jake Plummer...haha.