"Pretenders... or Contenders?"

landryscorner

Reaction score
I like Butch Davis' ole saying back in the days, so my question to our faithful fans is are we pretenders or contenders?

Boysboy

Reaction score
landryscorner;1848891 said:
I like Butch Davis' ole saying back in the days, so my question to our faithful fans is are we pretenders or contenders?

We'll find out come tomorrow night.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
I'm going to have faith in spite of my concerns, contenders!;)

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;1848896 said:
We'll find out come tomorrow night.

Yep. If we lay another egg on national TV, we will know the answer.

I honestly believe this is one of the best Cowboy teams I have ever seen, but how they come out tommorow night will say everything.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

If you aren't a contender at 12-2 then nobody is.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1848926 said:
If you aren't a contender at 12-2 then nobody is.

yeah this is kinda obvious. people seem to forget we beat GB and are sitting at 12-2.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1848910 said:
Yep. If we lay another egg on national TV, we will know the answer.

I honestly believe this is one of the best Cowboy teams I have ever seen, but how they come out tommorow night will say everything.

At least if we do lay another egg, nobody will be watching to notice. :D

(game on NFLN, aka "channel nobody gets")

zeroburrito

Reaction score
we are still probably a top 5 nfc team. we have to pretty much blowout carolina. they are AWFUL.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
zeroburrito;1848996 said:
we are still probably a top 5 nfc team. we have to pretty much blowout carolina. they are AWFUL.

Oh my, I sure hope we are a top 5 nfc team, hell, i still hope we are a top 5 nfl team, we have TWO LOSSES!
:rolleyes:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
We are not only contenders.

We could challenge for the #2 spot in all of the NFL. Thats right WE may very well be better than the Colts... and only a step or so behind the Pats.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
YoMick;1849097 said:

We could challenge for the #2 spot in all of the NFL. Thats right WE may very well be better than the Colts... and only a step or so behind the Pats.

And come Feb the world will be silenced:starspin:starspin

Boysboy

Reaction score
YoMick;1849097 said:

Your optimism here is ALWAYS appreciated!:)

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

For a long time now, especially in the month of December, we've been pretenders. Even under the watchful eye of Parcells.

And even now, we've not played the last two games of this present December of 07' like a 12-2 team (12-1 until last Sunday) should. We have not played the caliber ball of a New England team, or even a 12-2 Green Bay team.

So currently, the Cowboys are back to their pretending ways, unless the team decides to come together and play like the talented team we know they are. 11 Pro Bowlers within this squad says we have a plethora of talent. Time to prove it.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
zeroburrito;1848996 said:
we are still probably a top 5 nfc team.
A top-5 NFC teanm? You don't think much of Cowboys at 12-2, do you?

We are top-3 team in NFL and anybody questioning this team, whether or not they are a contender, needs their head examined.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Fletch;1849167 said:
For a long time now, especially in the month of December, we've been pretenders. Even under the watchful eye of Parcells.

And even now, we've not played the last two games of this present December of 07' like a 12-2 team (12-1 until last Sunday) should. We have not played the caliber ball of a New England team, or even a 12-2 Green Bay team.

So currently, the Cowboys are back to their pretending ways, unless the team decides to come together and play like the talented team we know they are. 11 Pro Bowlers within this squad says we have a plethora of talent. Time to prove it.

NE has played like crap for 4 of their last 5 games.:rolleyes:

Boysboy

Reaction score
blindzebra;1849442 said:
NE has played like crap for 4 of their last 5 games.:rolleyes:

Yep-and a defensive/ST TD was also the difference in the Jets game, while a Jets receiver dropping a pass in the endzone was also another. We didn't get these breaks against Philly.

Zoners and mediots have criticized Romo for locking into Owens too much recently(while some have said it was b/c to "make him happy"). If you've noticed in recent weeks how Brady has been locking into Moss too much-I guess Randy is back to his cancerous ways too, eh?