"She said no" chant a preview of what's to come

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 23, 2010 10:46 AM ET
It was a moment that won't soon be forgotten by anyone who attended the 2010 NFL Draft.

The incredible acoustics of Radio City Music Hall amplified and made the chant crystal clear as the Steelers were set to make their pick.

"She said no, she said no, she said no," the balconies roared.

In the NFL's infinite wisdom -- absolutely no sarcasm here -- Roger Goodell then took the stage with Zachary from the Make-A-Wish foundation to announce the Steelers pick.

When Zachary hit the stage, the chant stopped cold and the crowd rose. The kid got a standing ovation. The sequence was classic New York.

The moment was saved, but the chant was a sobering reminder of what Ben Roethlisberger and the NFL will face next season. Roethlisberger's story has crossed over to mainstream news channels and angered countless fans. He's a target.

Michael Vick inspired even greater vitriol, but he stayed away from the NFL for two years. And he's not a starting quarterback anymore.

Roethlisberger will be on the field, with the ball in his hands, for five national television appearances this season.

Expect to hear a lot more chants like the one we heard Thursday night.

newlander

Reaction score
So am I Hos....but remember: it's NY, not Philly: they have a little class: it might be THIRD class, but it's better than nothing. BTW: that's pretty brutal regarding the chant. Steelers and Rapelesburger should get use to it....

******Geez yeager you JUST beat me to the Philly crack: got to be quick on this board!*****

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
newlander;3366032 said:
So am I Hos....but remember: it's NY, not Philly: they have a little class: it might be THIRD class, but it's better than nothing. BTW: that's pretty brutal regarding the chant. Steelers and Rapelesburger should get use to it....

******Geez yeager you JUST beat me to the Philly crack: got to be quick on this board!*****

:D Yeap

jcollins28

Reaction score
So what stadium will be the first to play "Date Rape" by sublime during warm up's next season?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3365802 said:
The incredible acoustics of Radio City Music Hall amplified and made the chant crystal clear as the Steelers were set to make their pick.

"She said no, she said no, she said no," the balconies roared.

Impossible ...... I heard from canadiancowboyfan that these accusations would not matter to football fans.

:laugh2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;3366745 said:
Impossible ...... I heard from canadiancowboyfan that these accusations would not matter to football fans.

I don't think it's so much that NFL fans are pissed. Just they are brutal. And this is perfect fodder to rip a guy over lol.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
I just saw on NFLN's coverage a little kid probably 10 yrs old with steelers gear and mask on screaming "Yeah we're number one, go number 7!".... disgusting cause he's probably gonna know his idol number 7 is a rapist and wanna copy or something. It's watching little kids cheer for a rapist that irritates me the most about the whole Ruthlessraper situation.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Gzus;3366802 said:
I just saw on NFLN's coverage a little kid probably 10 yrs old with steelers gear and mask on screaming "Yeah we're number one, go number 7!".... disgusting cause he's probably gonna know his idol number 7 is a rapist and wanna copy or something. It's watching little kids cheer for a rapist that irritates me the most about the whole Ruthlessraper situation.

But how do you explain that to a kid?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3366820 said:
But how do you explain that to a kid?

exactly, how do you crush a kids dream by even attempting to explain that to him?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ShiningStar;3366996 said:
exactly, how do you crush a kids dream by even attempting to explain that to him?

Why would he even need to hear about that? "Well, son. Ben dragged her drunk into a bathroom and tried to rip off her panties to force his ***** inside her."

Then you have to go into the whole conversation with him about the birds and the bees. No father wants that.

Just let the kid root for Ben until he's old enough to understand the whole situation. Then he can make his own choice whether to disown him as his favorite player to root for, or not.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
ShiningStar;3366996 said:

"He did something very mean to a girl, and we shouldn't like him for what he did. It hurt her and made her cry. We thought he was a good person, but he's very bad."

Pretty simple I say. You've got a perfect situation to explain right and wrong with respect to a larger-than-life icon. That cannot be passed up.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
oh man, that was funny stuff. the eagles suck cants on day one were also great!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
zrinkill;3366745 said:

Who??? :rolleyes: