"The New NFL Draft" Mock

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
22. Dallas Cowboys: Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas
The Cowboys most likely are letting go Jones this year because his contract is up. Secondly Felix Jones played with McFadden in college and is used to running in a dual back system. Jones is a very fast receiver and is a top 5 RB in the 2008 NFL Draft. Look for the cowboys to either take the best available RB here or the best available DB.

28. Dallas Cowboys: Reggie Smith, CB/S, OU
Everyone knows the Cowboys Defense is their weakness so they need to use at least one of their picks to help improve it. Their are a top tier team but they need to improve their secondary and Reggie Smith could come in and do this right away. If they get good quality with their earlier draft pick the Cowboys may take a CB/S their and take the best RB available here. Depending on their first pick they have to pick the best CB or Safety here. The Cowboys need to get at least one defensive player in the first round and most likely a WR or RB with the other.

59. Dallas Cowboys: DJ Hall, WR, Alabama (I would cry)

The Cowboys take their replacement for Terry Glenn in this situation because Glenn is getting old. Hall is a good pick because he has a good frame and is big for Tony Romo to throw to. The Cowboys have a serious threat of making the Super Bowl in 2008 so this is a very important draft for them.

--------------

Got this one from a link on Mosley's blog, they seem convinced we need a RB real bad apparently, in a draft that's pretty good at that position.

DJ Hall in the 2nd round is a joke and they have Jenkins going to the Pats :mad: and Cason going 15th overall, apparently they foresee a run on CB's early in this draft.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
that's the worst one ive seen yet. I don't want any of them wearing the star

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
TheCount;1961505 said:
The Cowboys most likely are letting go Jones this year because his contract is up. Secondly Felix Jones played with McFadden in college and is used to running in a dual back system. Jones is a very fast receiver and is a top 5 RB in the 2008 NFL Draft. Look for the cowboys to either take the best available RB here or the best available DB.

Everyone knows the Cowboys Defense is their weakness so they need to use at least one of their picks to help improve it. Their are a top tier team but they need to improve their secondary and Reggie Smith could come in and do this right away. If they get good quality with their earlier draft pick the Cowboys may take a CB/S their and take the best RB available here. Depending on their first pick they have to pick the best CB or Safety here. The Cowboys need to get at least one defensive player in the first round and most likely a WR or RB with the other.

The Cowboys take their replacement for Terry Glenn in this situation because Glenn is getting old. Hall is a good pick because he has a good frame and is big for Tony Romo to throw to. The Cowboys have a serious threat of making the Super Bowl in 2008 so this is a very important draft for them.

--------------

Got this one from a link on Mosley's blog, they seem convinced we need a RB real bad apparently, in a draft that's pretty good at that position.

DJ Hall in the 2nd round is a joke and they have Jenkins going to the Pats :mad: and Cason going 15th overall, apparently they foresee a run on CB's early in this draft.

How old is this guy? It looks like a 2nd grader wrote this piece.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Rampage;1961509 said:

Felix Jones at #22? Are you kidding? He would be a nice compliment to MBIII.

As for the other picks...I don't know.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Yeah, that thing is all kinds of crappy. Even the other teams' picks are crappy.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1961537 said:
all right!!!

A CB/safety from Oklahoma!!!!

yes cuz the last safety we got is pretty damn good ;)

Bizwah

Reaction score
Wow....I don't even know where to begin.

You never know how the draft will pan out. I really don't like this.

Jones is a player many have us taking.....but I don't know if I'd take him at 22.

Reggie Smith is a fine athlete.....but we really need a guy that can definitely play CB.

I like DJ Hall......in like round five.

But it's hard to take too many mocks seriously right now. Many draft gurus play around with different scenarios early....Goose comes to mind.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I think I'd rather go WR and CB in the first round, then a RB in the second round. It would depend on who is available to determine who I'd like the 'Boys to draft at those positions.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Rampage;1961509 said:

If we got out of round 1 with that haul our team would be drastically improved. Hall in the 2nd round is a MAJOR reach.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
TheCount;1961505 said:

--------------

I would physically get sick if this was our draft fellas, we might as well package up everything for DMac if we are going to draft like this.

First, Felix Jones at #22 is too early, I would target #28 for Felix if he is still there.

Second, Reggie Smith is more safety that pure corner. We already have 1 safety from OU and we dont need another.:mad:

Third, DJ Hall in the 2nd would qualify as borderline ********. I would look at this guy on DAY 2, not ROUND 2.:mad:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1961776 said:
I would physically get sick if this was our draft fellas, we might as well package up everything for DMac if we are going to draft like this.

First, Felix Jones at #22 is too early, I would target #28 for Felix if he is still there.

Second, Reggie Smith is more safety that pure corner. We already have 1 safety from OU and we dont need another.:mad:

Third, DJ Hall in the 2nd would qualify as borderline ********. I would look at this guy on DAY 2, not ROUND 2.:mad:

How in the world to you quantify 22 being too early but 6 picks later being just right?

I mean, if you need a RB and you are within that number of picks what the heck is the difference.

Sound like splitting hairs if you ask me.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1961778 said:
How in the world to you quantify 22 being too early but 6 picks later being just right?

I mean, if you need a RB and you are within that number of picks what the heck is the difference.

Sound like splitting hairs if you ask me.

It is more of who else is available at #22, more value with some other players at #22 than Felix. For example, Early Ducett should be available at #22.

WRs are not as deep as running backs this year, thus at #22 there are going to be some wideouts that are not going to be there at later picks where there are going to be some good backs even in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

At least we can debate the first pick, the other two are totally indefensible.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1961620 said:
NOOO, I'd take Mike Jenkins CB from South Florida and Rashard Mendenhall RB!

This mock had Jenkins going at 7 to the cheaters and Mendenhall going at 25 to the Hawks