"We weren't gonna go 16-0"

sk0aL

Reaction score
I've heard this comment so many times tonight and it's really gotten under my skin.

Of course nobody expected the Cowboys to have a 16-0 season, but there are losses that are acceptable and losses that are unacceptable. Losing a hard fought game in Philthy or DC like we have in the past is acceptable. Hell, getting your butt kicked all over the field like Philly did to us in 2004 and the Skins did to us in DC in 2005 is acceptable because you simply get outplayed at times.

However,

Running the ball 11 times is unacceptable.

Not attempting to get Felix Jones involved is unacceptable.

Forcing the ball to T.O. every other play is unacceptable.

Playing the CBs 10 yards off the ball every single play is unacceptable.

And most importantly, getting a game-breaking 12th man penalty after a timeout is very, very unacceptable.

It saddens me to see fans of this team shrug off a loss to our division arch-rival so easily. No, the sky is not falling, but if your not the least bit angry after the way this team performed today I wonder if you're truly a fan of this team at all.

tnbk

Reaction score
sk0aL;2294144 said:
I've heard this comment so many times tonight and it's really gotten under my skin.

Of course nobody expected the Cowboys to have a 16-0 season, but there are losses that are acceptable and losses that are unacceptable. Losing a hard fought game in Philthy or DC like we have in the past is acceptable. Hell, getting your butt kicked all over the field like Philly did to us in 2004 and the Skins did to us in DC in 2005 is acceptable because you simply get outplayed at times.

However,

And most importantly, getting a game-breaking 12th man penalty after a timeout is very, very unacceptable.

It saddens me to see fans of this team shrug off a loss to our division arch-rival so easily. No, the sky is not falling, but if your not the least bit angry after the way this team performed today I wonder if you're truly a fan of this team at all.

Amen Brother....that's why you won't catch me on this board holding hands with deadskins fans telling them "Great Game"....BS

I don't give a rat's hairy hat about being polite and classy. This team needs a real leader to step up and fire them up for these rivalry games.

You can say they are professionals and do their jobs. Well their job is to win.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
sk0aL;2294144 said:

However,

So what do you suggest to make it all better?

Fire Garrett?

Cut Watkins?

Tell T.O. to shut up and we'll get the ball to him when we feel like it?

Teams lose. The Cowboys loss.

There's always next week.

The season isn't done yet.

Insert your own cliche. ;)

Everson24

Reaction score
tnbk;2294167 said:
This team needs a real leader to step up and fire them up for these rivalry games.

I was hoping it would be Zack

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2294223 said:
So what do you suggest to make it all better?

Fire Garrett?

Cut Watkins?

Tell T.O. to shut up and we'll get the ball to him when we feel like it?

Teams lose. The Cowboys loss.

There's always next week.

The season isn't done yet.

Insert your own cliche. ;)
Thanks for bringing some perspective to the forum.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think what most fans are upset about is not that we lost a game, nobody but a kool aid drunk homer was thinking perferct season.

The issue is HOW WE LOST. Such as abandoning the run, saying we dont have any plays for Felix if we are trailing, having 12 freaking guys on the feild after a timeout on the most important play of the game, ect....

These issues are not performance issues (even great players have bad games), these issues deal diretly with coaching.

We are starting to lose games because of a lack of good coaching, not a lack of talent. You dont fix that during the season, that is why alot of fans are upset at this loss I believe.