Rackers is a FA--could be a Cowboy in 06

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
4. Neil Rackers is a machine. The Arizona kicker was always a bit of a calamity during his Bengals tenure, but he's manna (and money) in the desert these days, upping his field goal production to 20-of-20 with two more conversions in the Cardinals' 20-10 win over Tennessee. Speaking of money, Rackers should be coming into a bit of it fairly soon. He's a free agent after this season and he's on a heck of a well-timed salary drive.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/10/25/eli.manning/1.html

This is the kicker I would most like to have on our team!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Appropriate that a kicker would have the last name "Racker"... OUCH!!!

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
This guy has been kicking butt (and field goals) on my fantasy team this year. He was a big FA pick for me.

Hiero

Reaction score
ya and he is making a lot of 50+yarders, he is a beast. That should be one of our top priorities this year so we dont have to deal with the crap we did so far this year. He would be perfect on our team. Cundiff doesnt have a leg anywhere close to his.

joseephuss

Reaction score
20 FGs in 6 games. That is a lot of attempts. The record for attempts is 49 and makes is 39. He could break both at that pace. Facing Dallas will probably add at least 2 or 3 automatically.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He seems like he would be a nice pick.

But if the money was right, even if it was a tad high...I would take Vanderjagt or adam vinatieri.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I was wondering if Rackers was a FA or drafted...turns out:

Rackers was a 2000 - 6th round (3rd pick) by the Cincinnati Bengals

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
CowboyManDan said:
I was wondering if Rackers was a FA or drafted...turns out:

Rackers was a 2000 - 6th round (3rd pick) by the Cincinnati Bengals

Wow....nice research.....guess it is not a bad thought to use a draft pick on a kicker..

joseephuss

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Wow....nice research.....guess it is not a bad thought to use a draft pick on a kicker..

Depends on how you look at it. The Bengals didn't really benefit from drafting him. He has more a benefit as a free agent pick up by Arizona.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
then cincy gave up too soon, didn't they? i see no problem in drafting a kicker with a late round gimme pick.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Adam Vinatieri was undrafted.
David Akers was waiting tables at Longhorn.

They are two of the best kickers in the game.

Eddie

Reaction score
CowboyManDan said:
This guy has been kicking butt (and field goals) on my fantasy team this year. He was a big FA pick for me.

Mine too. He's outplaying my QB in points. ha ha

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyManDan said:

Same here - he scored like 25 points one week which is unheard of in Fantasy Football for a kicker.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
While we were here waiting on Cundiffe and Cortez, good kickers became free agnets and were signed by other teams.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Drafting kickers is not something most teams want to do. When you draft a kicker he has to play immediately - For example, if you draft someone in round 3 and he sucks your options are a) play him and hope he gets better, b) burn a roster spot by holding on to him and getting another kicker, c) cutting him, or d) leaving an axe in the lockerroom and hoping he cuts himself on it -- thus allowing you stash him on IR.

Teams are reluctant to waste an extra roster spot on a kicker so you can't develop these guys like other positions.

Dallas31

Reaction score
There is no way that the Cardinals let him go....

he is like 75% of their entire offense...

watertown

Reaction score
this isthe first time in 8 years where we are good enough that I am not even looking toward 2006fa or the draft