Raiders are cutting G John Simpson

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he’d make for a nice roll of the dice waiver claim and reclamation project. Big-bodied powerful run blocker with sone change of direction issues in pass protection.

I expect Connor McGovern to be moving on after this season, and if nothing else, Simpson would provide a depth/bridge player for 2023.

Anyone have any thoughts about him or about the idea?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he’d make for a nice roll of the dice waiver claim and reclamation project. Big-bodied powerful run blocker with sone change of direction issues in pass protection.

I expect Connor McGovern to be moving on after this season, and if nothing else, Simpson would provide a depth/bridge player for 2023.

Anyone have any thoughts about him or about the idea?
He'll likely get claimed by a bad team.

He looked really good in college. Big and powerful. Can move once he gets going.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll likely get claimed by a bad team.

He looked really good in college. Big and powerful. Can move once he gets going.

You’re probably right but I’d put in a claim just in case. In my opinion, the much-maligned Joe Philbin has shown himself to be a very developer of offensive line talent. I’d like to see what he could do with someone like Simpson.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re probably right but I’d put in a claim just in case. In my opinion, the much-maligned Joe Philbin has shown himself to be a very developer of offensive line talent. I’d like to see what he could do with someone like Simpson.
It would be interesting to see which players the Cowboys put in claims on.

The Raiders released Leatherwood earlier this season. He was their 1st round pick in 2021. That's really quick to give up on a 1st round pick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be interesting to see which players the Cowboys put in claims on.

The Raiders released Leatherwood earlier this season. He was their 1st round pick in 2021. That's really quick to give up on a 1st round pick.

Yes it is. Their recent track record for draft picks has been pretty awful.

The Cowboys benefited from two of their mistakes in particular. They chose Ruggs over Lamb and CB Damon Arnette over Diggs.