Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
...in January of 2006.

"Rambo IV" Sets Production Start
Posted: Monday May 30th, 2005 10:33pm
Source: Dark Horizons
Author: Garth Franklin

The following press release came out over the weekend indicating details of production plans for a fourth "Rambo" movie:

'Rambo IV' begins preliminary shooting in Bulgaria in January 2006, as Nu Image/ Millennium Films acquire film rights from Miramax/ Dimension Films. US-based film production company Nu Image/ Millennium Films have acquired the film rights to the 'Rambo' film franchise from Miramax/Dimension Films, with principal shooting for 'Rambo IV' to begin in Sofia, Bulgaria in January 2006, with filming locations in India and the USA.

Sylvester Stallone, the Italian-American film actor who played the titular role in the 'Rambo' film trilogy, signed with Nu Image/Millennium Films to begin 'Rambo IV' in May 2005, stating that the production company had optioned a book for the new 'Rambo', for which he has adapted a complete script, likening it to vengeance films like 'Deliverance' and 'Straw Dogs'. According to Stallone, the new plotline sees the character of Rambo as having "assimilated into the tapestry of America", living with his family in relative peace for the past fifteen years but still working for the military, when work pressures force him to move his family to the American outback. The Navajo-Indian former Green Beret and his family are then subject to an attack by white-supremacists, and Rambo has to risk life-and-limb in rescuing his 10-year old daughter from being held hostage. Commentators have noted that the premise of the film is similar to one touted by Stallone in 1997, following the Oklahoma bombings, and comparisons have been drawn with the US federal government's attack at Ruby Ridge in 1991, including the role played by former Green Beret Colonel James "Bo" Gritz.

Nu Image Films, the owners of the film rights for 'Rambo', was established in 1992 by Avi Lerner, a veteran film producer from Israel, and has annually produced 15 to 18 low-budget and foreign-sale films. In 1996, Nu Image formed Millennium Films to address the market's growing need for quality art films and higher budget action features. Since 1999, Nu Image has filmed 40 films at their studios in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Millennium Films now has titles on its slate with budgets of up to $68 million. These include Brian De Palma's 'The Black Dahlia,' starring Scarlett Johansson, Josh Hartnett and Hilary Swank, 'Edison,' a film starring Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey and Justin Timberlake, '16 Blocks' starring Bruce Willis and the remake of the 1973 thriller 'The Wicker Man,' starring Nicolas Cage. Nu Image/Millennium Films had a co-production deal with Miramax/ Dimension Films, which had been in place till the Weinstein Brothers left both companies. Nu Image/ Millennium Films acquired the rights to the 'Rambo' film franchise, with their chairman, Lerner, stating that Stallone is "one of the smartest guys I know." Having persuaded Stallone to co-star with a younger actor in 'Rambo IV', Lerner is confident about the film's future success. "It's a franchise," he says. "If No. 4 works, then you have a No. 5." Nu Image recently announced plans to produce Poe, a film about the life and works of gothic author, Edgar Allen Poe, to the screen with Stallone helming the director's chair for the first time since 1985's smash-hit, 'Rocky IV', and scheduled to begin production prior to 'Rambo IV'...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050530a.php

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Rambo movies are great. Regardless of what you think of II and III and their silliness, 'First Blood' was a good movie with a point.

Interestingly enough, in Rambo III, he was helping the Taliban. How times change...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Avery said:
Rambo movies are great. Regardless of what you think of II and III and their silliness, 'First Blood' was a good movie with a point.

Interestingly enough, in Rambo III, he was helping the Taliban. How times change...

"First Blood" I liked... the others were just venues for Stallone to parade his oiled-up body...

trickblue

Reaction score
Also coming to a theatre near you... "Rocky XXIII: Rocky vs. Rocky Horror"

1767.jpg
rhps_032SweetT.jpg

blindzebra

Reaction score
How about a Jason vs Freddy match up with Rambo vs Rocky?

At least we could kill one of them off that way.:D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
"First Blood" I liked... the others were just venues for Stallone to parade his oiled-up body...

Agreed.....those other two were so bad it was not funny.

Like when he fires a l.a.w. aka bazooka sitting in a helicopter lol...so much for back blast area. :D

trickblue

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Agreed.....those other two were so bad it was not funny.

Like when he fires a l.a.w. aka bazooka sitting in a helicopter lol...so much for back blast area. :D

and here I thought I was the only one that noticed such... that chopper would have been blown out of the sky...

"First Blood" was a REALLY good flick... but Stallone carried it too far... just DROP it...

Think if he would have dropped all of the sequels... his work would have been REALLY impressive for a guy that can't act...

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
since it takes place in civilian venues - i prolly don't have to worry about seeing some ridiculously helmet-haired actor playing a lieuteneant or sergeant and totally blowing the "suspend disbelief" deal for me.

anybody who's actually been in the military will get what i'm talking about.

i just flippin' hate when that happens.