Video: Rams final TD (Claiborne)

itsaboat

Reaction score
I'm talking about the play where it looked like Claiborne got beat outside in the endzone. The coaches film isn't out yet but here's a video I made of the play from the broadcast (first live then slowed down):

Mincey was held before the pass so it should been called back.

The way it played out, the outside receiver (Claiborne's responsibility) runs an in route and sets an illegal screen (offensive pass interference) on Scandrick while the slot receiver runs an out route. Scandrick is forced sit down and cover where he got hit. While this is happening Claiborne is covering his assignment. He tries to fight over the trash (the illegal pick) but is slowed down. Once he realizes what happened he's forced to recover and get to the slot receiver.

Ideally, you'd want your CB's to pass assignments but the officials missed two penalties on that play. Claiborne played his assignment but because of the illegal screen it made it look like he blew the coverage. That's why Claiborne was upset with the play.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Claiborne makes mistakes but he gets beat up in here to the point it's over the top. He will improve, just taking him longer then expected. I don't think he will be all pro but he has made great plays in this league and shown to be able to cover guys.

He gives up plays but with better DL play and Wilcox improving I think Claiborne will be serviceable

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure the league office is typing out the apology email to Jerry first thing in the morning.

At least everything worked out for the Cowboys.

jubal

Reaction score
I'm sure the league office is typing out the apology email to Jerry first thing in the morning.

At least everything worked out for the Cowboys.

The way I see it they must have a form letter they just fill in teams name and send out 32 of them after whatever day the team plays on.