Rams picking up Gallimore

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Was he ever any good? Just another jag this front office burned a high pick on.

They are great @ finding bottom feeding D-lineman.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Was he ever any good? Just another jag this front office burned a high pick on.

They are great @ finding bottom feeding D-lineman.
Gallimore had good burst for his size, but didn't seem to be able to learn how to direct it. He and Hill both seemed to have that problem, so I'd say that's a scouting issue for us. If the defensive tackle has a nice get-off for his power/size, but can't redirect to find the QB or RB, then we shouldn't draft him. Offensive linemen are just going to use that against them to guide them out of the hole/way.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Gallimore had good burst for his size, but didn't seem to be able to learn how to direct it. He and Hill both seemed to have that problem, so I'd say that's a scouting issue for us. If the defensive tackle has a nice get-off for his power/size, but can't redirect to find the QB or RB, then we shouldn't draft him. Offensive linemen are just going to use that against them to guide them out of the hole/way.
Both were marnelli ( senile time) projects ,

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Both were marnelli ( senile time) projects ,
They may have been but they went about where they were expected to go in those drafts. Big, strong men with a burst are overvalued. And that might be the case with Mazi as well. He's a freak athlete but that doesn't make him a great player. I hope he can get there or at least become serviceable just as a blocker magnet.