Random Opinion on the season,

blueblood70

Reaction score
My late to the party random thoughts is this,(rewatched the game),

we continue to complain about the defense and for good reason, they've been bad, however if you take a real close look at whats been happening with the offense leading in TOs in the entire NFL i Believe, is this,

lets take the giants game i saw improvements however small they may be and we also complain we never lead but most of the offensive TOs and mistakes are happening early in games then we play from behind playing catch up

we led 3-0, defense yes gave up 7 we are down again...

However we drive right down and with a well balanced attack ive been screaming for go get a 7-3 lead...

so that 2 leads already early,

then here it comes PICK six bad off target high throw by dak and now we are down 14-10 this is where we got behind and would have pulled away and had comfortable lead all game
thin about what happened after

the defense gets us a sack fumble for a TD , then before the HALF THE DEFENSE STOPS THE GIANTS AND FORCES A 4TH AND 16 AD THE ST MAKES MISTAKE THEY KICK FG THAT 3 POINTS MORE NOT ON THE DEFENSE

we still lead at the half but they would have easily been two scored down and us cruising by now as they as winless team would have had no momentum and no feeling they could win..

then we start pulling away again Dak gets hurt, and Dalton has a snap issue which happens but it gives the giants yet another score and more hope..

its takes another crazy drive to overcome mistakes by the offense and ST more so then bad defense..i mean the defense makes the stop to get Dalton that last drive to make that happen..

thats 13 points(minimum) the defense was not responsible for but its not just the points its momentum and hope which changes pay calling and attitude by the opponent..

go look at all the game show they unfold, the most mistake free game we play on offense had poor coaching decsions in the Rams game easy FG passed up strange st calls etc and we lose on the road game 1 but only gave up 20 points to a Rams offense who scored a lot more against other teams..

same with ATL we saw that and won but no heroics needed if Sts and Offense didnt make the mistakes they made thats was like 17-20 points the defense is not responsible for..

seatle we could have won that game mistake free its a lot of pressure but once again offense and ST make mistakes that are costly not just points but in momentum and how the they calls plays..it added to more time on the field for defense which wears out a shorthanded group with low confidence..

truly this defense has looked pretty bad but if you break down the game flow how it unfolded and when it did, theres a lot more to these losses then defense even though we need to get better,
al this talk we could be 0-5 is stupid, seriously go back and watch without emotion and i say we could easily have cleaned up half the mistakes or bad decsions and be 3-2 or 4-1

its about perspective IMHO and it may not look lie it but the defense as bad as they are are not as Historically Bad as they are being

it sux how much offense and st have put more pressure on defense that didnt need it ad a few refs issues in there and a weak division we have plenty of hope to get this on the right path..

clean up the offensive mistake we cant give the other team a chance to play our defense even more. Spotting teams points is not a fair assessment of our defense IMO. Yes its bad but historically bad, i disagree..i see some life in them and the NYG game should have been easily a 17 point win , this was not on the defense that 37 points was needed to win..