Random Thoughts/Questions.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Would you rather have a new coach with an offensive background or defensive background? -
Right now I pick Defensive.

What place in the draft do you need to get one of the top three WR's?

I have not seen Calvin Johnson play. How good is he?

Would you give TG a 5 mill bonus in March knowing he has those knee problems?
I love TG, but that is a huge gamble.

Do we have the personel on defense to switch directly back to a 4-3?

I think we do. I am not suggesting that but it would have bearing on which new coach you would bring in.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Would you rather have a new coach with an offensive background or defensive background?
Me personally I would love to have an offensive minded HC and a stud DC...not sure why exactly, but that's how I would like to see it. If it were the other way around that would be fine as long as the HC would turn over the offense to a stud OC and let him run. Having a HC that is deeply involved in both seems to get in the way...

I think so:
LDE = Ellis and Hatcher
DT = Spears, Fergy, Ratlif, and Canty
RDE = Ware and another draft pick or FA to spell him
SLB = Burnett
MLB = Carp
WLB = Ayedele
CB = Newman
CB = ??? Draft or FA
FS = Henry
SS = Roy

I think we have trade bait with Bradie and either Spears or Canty for a better fit DT...

Maybe if Ellis is done Spears splits with Hatcher at LDE like he did in college...

JBS

Reaction score
aikemirv;1303024 said:
Would you rather have a new coach with an offensive background or defensive background? -
Right now I pick Defensive.

What place in the draft do you need to get one of the top three WR's?

I have not seen Calvin Johnson play. How good is he?

Would you give TG a 5 mill bonus in March knowing he has those knee problems?
I love TG, but that is a huge gamble.

I think we do. I am not suggesting that but it would have bearing on which new coach you would bring in.

I definitely say defensive. We have the talent on defense to be DOMINANT. we just need a brain.

Calvin Johnson is amazing! Could be the #1 overall pick in the draft. wont fall past 3. As far as top 3 WRs-23rd pick is about where #3 will land. A guy like Rice/Meachem/Samardjiza maybe even Ginn.

Definitely a gamble. I say yes. Could understand if not tho.

Definitely. Some say we fit 4-3 better.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys could go either way if the right coordinator is brought in or in place.

I think that Crayton is still developing into a potential #1, so bringing in a top WR seems like less of a need to me, at least first round. But yes, Johnson is a good one.

No I would release TG, with the hope to potentially resign him. Lot of money for a guy at his age.

I dont think the Cowboys have the personnel for the 3-4. But the commitment made to the 3-4 has left them in a tough situation to switch back so soon.

aikemirv

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1303072 said:
I think the Cowboys could go either way if the right coordinator is brought in or in place.

I think that Crayton is still developing into a potential #1, so bringing in a top WR seems like less of a need to me, at least first round. But yes, Johnson is a good one.

No I would release TG, with the hope to potentially resign him. Lot of money for a guy at his age.

I dont think the Cowboys have the personnel for the 3-4. But the commitment made to the 3-4 has left them in a tough situation to switch back so soon.

Crayton is a nice #3, but in no way do I see him as a #1 or #2