Random Thoughts...

Smith22

Reaction score
Flo:

He will be fine when healthy, he played banged up and struggled some.

Tnew and Henry:

I'm not too concerned here. They didn't get any help from the DL pressuring Lefty, and he made us pay by hitting those tall WR's.

Bledsoe:

Ugghh. Started out being pretty accurate and then did a complete 180 and looked like he a rookie QB. Not quite sure what to make of it really. He needs to bounce back quick, because the skins will blitz us regularly until we hit on a few big passes. he missed TO on at least 2 big passes, not to mention the one pass to JJ could have went to the house if he puts less air on the ball.

Defense:

Seemed ok overall, didn't get why we didn't blitz more. Started off great and then seemed to tail off greatly, but Bledsoe constantly giving the jags a short field to work with didn't help. Really don't get our lack of a killer instinct to be aggressive on defense.

Refs:

The 2 challenges we won seemed iffy at best, thought we wouldn't win either, especially the INT near the end. How you call a crucial pas int. on Witten and not call it on the jags when they headlocked henry to catch a TD is beyond me. BE CONSISTENT PLEASE.

Penalties:

Penalties really killed us with the timing. 2 false starts on Glenn. A WR getting 2 false starts is uncalled for. Adams penalty on a sideline catch to Glenn basically destroyed our 1 drive. Roughing the passer on Roy helped the Jags move along.
Special Teams:

Hmmm. Kickofss were awesome except for the 1st one. Punting game was off the chain, McBriar would have had a better net yard average if we down his one kick near the 5 that rolled around forever. FG's............ Uggghhhh. Same old stuff........ Nothing exciting on PR's or KR's, but I think Tyson will be fine on KR's. Davis and Hoyte didn't stick out on special teams like I thought they might.

jman

Reaction score
My random thoughts have been all over the place.

To me, yesterdays game was like Jerry Jones ownership.

1st Qtr - Came out, went right down the field and scored, kinda like when jones bought the team and turned things around.

2nd Qtr - Still had potintial to turn things up and continue with our first quater success. - Still had Aikman and a lot of aging vets that thought could still get it done, yet let opertunities slip away.

3rd Qtr - Nothing seemed to go right, no matter how much we tried. - See the Campo years...

4th Qtr - Seemed to get things going again, yet to make too many mental errors and again...too little too late. - Parcells years, we seem to have all the parts in place, yet for whatever reason, we still come up short. Very depressing indeed.

Yes, I'm putting too much weight on just one game, but I'm starting to ask myself whether I have something more important to do than sit through a football game that when it's over, going to put me in a bad mood.

But, there is still next week...maybe I'll feel better when that games over.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Smith22 said:
Flo:

He will be fine when healthy, he played banged up and struggled some.

Tnew and Henry:

I'm not too concerned here. They didn't get any help from the DL pressuring Lefty, and he made us pay by hitting those tall WR's.

Bledsoe:

Ugghh. Started out being pretty accurate and then did a complete 180 and looked like he a rookie QB. Not quite sure what to make of it really. He needs to bounce back quick, because the skins will blitz us regularly until we hit on a few big passes. he missed TO on at least 2 big passes, not to mention the one pass to JJ could have went to the house if he puts less air on the ball.

Defense:

Seemed ok overall, didn't get why we didn't blitz more. Started off great and then seemed to tail off greatly, but Bledsoe constantly giving the jags a short field to work with didn't help. Really don't get our lack of a killer instinct to be aggressive on defense.

Refs:

The 2 challenges we won seemed iffy at best, thought we wouldn't win either, especially the INT near the end. How you call a crucial pas int. on Witten and not call it on the jags when they headlocked henry to catch a TD is beyond me. BE CONSISTENT PLEASE.

Penalties:

Penalties really killed us with the timing. 2 false starts on Glenn. A WR getting 2 false starts is uncalled for. Adams penalty on a sideline catch to Glenn basically destroyed our 1 drive. Roughing the passer on Roy helped the Jags move along.
Special Teams:

Hmmm. Kickofss were awesome except for the 1st one. Punting game was off the chain, McBriar would have had a better net yard average if we down his one kick near the 5 that rolled around forever. FG's............ Uggghhhh. Same old stuff........ Nothing exciting on PR's or KR's, but I think Tyson will be fine on KR's. Davis and Hoyte didn't stick out on special teams like I thought they might.

Good observations.

My biggest disappointment was with the lack of a pass rush against a good but not great o-line. The QB seemed to have enough time to scan the field and find the open man way too often.

I also agree that this defense will never be great until they develop a killer mentality. Some of the young pups on the d-line need to step up.