Video: Randy Gregory Sack| Byron Jones & Frazier | Dallas Cowboys vs Cardinals 2018 | Film Breakdown

Blackthorn

Reaction score

Watch Randy Gregory’s sack, Jones and Frazier excellent pass defense.

Here are 3 plays broken down as an instructional tutorial.

Randy is being blocked by the OT and chipped by the running back. Notice Gregory’s hands pushing the RB out of the way as he is performing his spin move. When the running back is cleared, Gregory has a straight line towards the QB. Gregory fights through the hold and sacks Bradford. Watch carefully how Gregory is wrapping up Bradford. Gregory place his hand on the ball and is trying to create a turnover. I love the technique on this play as well.

Jones and Frazier were each able to displace the ball while making the tackle. Great technique.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I've always resisted the "that guy needs to be cut" knee-jerk reaction guy after preseason games, but #20 Marqueston Huff, that guy needs to be cut.

I stopped watching the game with ~6 minutes left in the 4th quarter, but I counted no less than three blatant poor angles taken by Huff that resulted in big gains.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
I don't believe Gregory would be the starter, playing through the first half and given the second half off (roughly playing similar snaps as Lawrence) if the team thought there was a chance he'd get the life banishment very soon.

The team would cut him if they honestly thought that Weeks 1 and 2 this season would be the last games of his career. No point in knowing you have to replace a sitting duck in the third week of the season.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
I've always resisted the "that guy needs to be cut" knee-jerk reaction guy after preseason games, but #20 Marqueston Huff, that guy needs to be cut.

I stopped watching the game with ~6 minutes left in the 4th quarter, but I counted no less than three blatant poor angles taken by Huff that resulted in big gains.
#14 needs to be the first cut. I'm sick of that garbage guy, both on offense and (especially) special teams.

Blackthorn

Reaction score

Here is the video.
Watch Randy Gregory’s sack, Jones and Frazier excellent pass defense.

Here are 3 plays broken down as an instructional tutorial.

Randy is being blocked by the OT and chipped by the running back. Notice Gregory’s hands pushing the RB out of the way as he is performing his spin move. When the running back is cleared, Gregory has a straight line towards the QB. Gregory fights through the hold and sacks Bradford. Watch carefully how Gregory is wrapping up Bradford. Gregory place his hand on the ball and is trying to create a turnover. I love the technique on this play as well.

Jones and Frazier were each able to displace the ball while making the tackle. Great technique.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Kris Richard has been worth whatever their paying just to get DBs to play the ball. Before they were more concerned with limiting YAC.
Kris Richard has been worth whatever their paying just to get DBs to play the ball. Before they were more concerned with limiting YAC.
The DBs are getting their hands on the football while they are wrapping up. If this continue into the season the Boys should increase their turnovers drastically.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I keep watching and re-watching the DBs projected to make the 53. I am amazed at how much their tackling technique has improved. I can see the difference that Kris Richard has brought to the team. I think the DBs will move to the elite group in the NFL. I just hope that Woods can return without any setbacks.