Twitter: Randy White shares his favorite Cowboy memory

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Met Randy in Miami around mid 90's. More like Ft. Lauderdale. Let me try on his SB ring. Very nice and friendly guy.
Got his autograph on a mini helmet.

He was at the Sawgrass Mills outlet mall. We were down there, did not know he was going to be there, or a card show going on. We were leaving, and walked by, as my wife said, oh there is a card show. I looked down about 100 feet, and said, hey that is Randy White, wonder if too late to get an autograph. So she went to buy something to get autographed, I went to see him. They did not charge anything as he was about to leave, as I think he waived them off not to charge. Mini helmet was $20.

Talked to him about 10 minutes. Had my Cowboys SB 27 t-shirt on, and hat. First thing he did was stand up and shook my hand. I should say engulfed my hand. :laugh:
It is a great memory. Up there with meeting and talking to Pete Rose is Vegas for about 15 or 20 minutes.

conner01

Reaction score
Met Randy in Miami around mid 90's. More like Ft. Lauderdale. Let me try on his SB ring. Very nice and friendly guy.
Got his autograph on a mini helmet.

He was at the Sawgrass Mills outlet mall. We were down there, did not know he was going to be there, or a card show going on. We were leaving, and walked by, as my wife said, oh there is a card show. I looked down about 100 feet, and said, hey that is Randy White, wonder if too late to get an autograph. So she went to buy something to get autographed, I went to see him. They did not charge anything as he was about to leave, as I think he waived them off not to charge. Mini helmet was $20.

Talked to him about 10 minutes. Had my Cowboys SB 27 t-shirt on, and hat. First thing he did was stand up and shook my hand. I should say engulfed my hand. :laugh:
It is a great memory. Up there with meeting and talking to Pete Rose is Vegas for about 15 or 20 minutes.
How’d that ring fit lol
I got to try on bob lily Ring
It was a little loose on my thumb lol