Texas Rangers

RonWashington

Reaction score
One has to wonder about Chris Woodward’s future as the local manager . 2-9 is a rough start after two consecutive lousy yrs. I blame the front office more then anything but when you throw all this free agent money at the middle infield but never seem to either develop pitching of get a free agent that can stabilize a rotation it’s not the managers fault but he’s first to get the exit interview .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Glen Otto 26 brought over in the Gallo trade ( strike out king Joey ) is young enough might have enough talent to be a step in the right direction . Taylor Hearn has looked rough . You can’t win in baseball without pitching no matter how many expensive second basemen you buy .

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Otto looked good. Should get at least a couple more opportunities to start.
Hitting has been good overall, though inconsistent at times this season.
Need to find out who (if any) of the young arms can actually be quality rotation pieces.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The bats are in the dugout no question . The Rangers were always a good hitting organization.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Don’t look now but the Rangers are pitching much better . Tonight Perez has seven shutout innings on the road . Pitch better and contend . Simple .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Wasted some fine pitching in losing two of three to NY . Losing 2-1 and 1-0 . Ouch . Hopefully the pitching sticks around . The bats will catch up .

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Yeah pitching has been somewhat improved over that first real bad stretch.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Glenn Otto had another nice outing going 6 against the Houston bats giving up a couple of runs ( quality start ) . When strike out Gallo was sent packing I thought it was middle infield prospects Texas got in return but Otto has been a great surprise a welcome addition to pitching .

With the Rangers buying Seager and Semien to play up the middle I guess those ex Yankee prospects are organization depth ?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Five innings of one run ball against the Angels not too shabby . Otto continues to be the positive on the Gallo trade. Pick up “ middle infield “ prospects out of the Yankee chain then go out spend a ton of free agent $$ on two middle infielders …ok .

Far as I’m concerned pitching prospects in trades or the draft and yes free agency need to be this organizations focus .

Truck

Reaction score
3 game winning streak but losing 3 out of 4 to the Asstros still ticks me off

RonWashington

Reaction score
Oakland is back to what they were ….a doormat . The Rangers should wipe there feet on the mat this weekend climb back to .500. If ever a team a city needed a new stadium now that the Raiders and Warriors bolted .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Glenn Otto another quality start . 6 innings of 2 run pitching against a qualify Tampa Bay lineup . And Eli White just keeps playing his way into the starting lineup smacking a HR and one of the best home run stealing catches from center field anyone can possibly make . Young trade additions starting to pay off .

RonWashington

Reaction score
At 31 Martin Perez is figuring it out and is becoming the crafty left hander the Rangers took as a teenager out of Venezuela . Just the kind of veteran guys like Dunning Gray and Otto can study learn from.

Rangers were 17-10 in May climbing back to .500 baseball . Now the hard part . Get 10 games over .500 and actually contend . The bats are there , is the pitching going to hold up ?

RonWashington

Reaction score
MLB draft in July and let’s face it with the Rangers new expensive FA additions no 2nd no 3rd round picks coming up. Picking 3rd in the first round this has to be a major league player Texas is picking and not just a prospect taking 4yrs to go from rookie league to Triple AAA. The guy needs to see Arlington at least by the 2024 season and not just go visit six flags.

Elijah Greene the Florida HS CF mighty tempting . Son of former NFL tight end Eric Greene he would make a nice addition to Texas future OF with Garcia . No pitchers from what I’m reading rate a 3rd pick or else I would go pitching .

RonWashington

Reaction score
I guess a .500 yr gets Woodward another season in 2023 . Compared to the previous 2 yrs sure it’s a step forward but Houston has no competition. That’s unfortunate . Interesting to see if they take the Florida HS CF as the 3rd pick in amateur draft .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Jeff Banister won 2 divisions got fired . 2023 absolutely have to contend under current leadership .