Texas Rangers

RonWashington

Reaction score
Brock Porter Kumar Rocker Jack Leiter Cole Winn Martin Perez etc etc assembling some really nice pitching at the starting gate .

This bullpen at least this year is a gas station with a lit match . That’s obviously a top priority in 23 to straighten out .

And this thought your a 100 games in your not a .500 club ( Again substandard product ) yet Kole Kahoun with a robust 218 avg is getting four cracks at it every night at his age on a young team going nowhere ? Here’s hoping a healthy Eli White sees some playing time in the OF before this season with 60 games left is over , have to see if someone like him is on the 2023 version .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Duran really impresses me . I want to see him in the lineup every night until the end of the season holding down 3rd base and hitting 6th giving some of the big bats up higher some back up . That opposite field bases clearing double in the 9th was major league hitting . And along with Otto pitching every 5th night this Gallo trade has been great .

RonWashington

Reaction score
I think Brandon Hyde in Baltimore is in year four and I never thought he would last this long . Young and Ranger ownership being patient with Woodward . I was in favor of a Martin Perez trade from a strictly collect more prospects point of view but at some point you have to assemble not re assemble a team and Perez leaving as a FA yrs end makes no sense .

RonWashington

Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken both Seattle and Baltimore were in the gutter not long ago . Both have passed the Rangers and will be playing meaningful wild card chasing games the rest of the year.

The whole power structure of this organization should be on the line the rest of this season and obviously next . Bad baseball for too long .

RonWashington

Reaction score
I like Texas giving Thompson an extended tryout hopefully all the way to the end of the season at CF. He’s a former # 1 so you have to see what he has at the big league level .

Take the pressure off hit him near the bottom of the order see about his defense and possibly have him as your CF in 23 flanked by Garcia and Taveras opening day , challenge Eli White who may be a more utility value.

bewp7

Reaction score
good he stinks can not manage a bullpen and make dumb move all the time

get some one smart who is a good balance of old school and analytic

idk who that is but they do not pay me to find them!

RonWashington

Reaction score
They never had the pitching starting / bullpen or otherwise to compete . I read that Woodward got an extension after last year and he gets paid all of next yr unless he takes another job .

Whoever gets hired is stepping into some nice young arms in the system and really a decent 1-9 lineup . I always liked Jeff Banister .

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Gotta love the Rangers' management's comments. "We're building a winning culture".

o_O

Six straight years of losing records, do they know what "building a winning culture" means?????