Ranking NFL Teams Top 10 Easiest and Toughest Schedules

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
ALL three NFCE teams have ranked in the top 10 with easy schedules........damn
Just another reason winning this season will be tough.....

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Hopefully they'll still think it's easy as we sneak into the playoffs, and play real teams and get put out of our misery!!!

gtb1943

Reaction score
SOS in June means nothing. Now teams like SF and KC and a couple of others on your schedule is something to think about; but for the rest they could be good bad or inbetween

Praxit

Reaction score
..just like last year, with SF and Philly as benchmarks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Strength of schedule is overrated. Like I’ve been preaching here for years, every year is a new team with new coaches and new luck (good or bad (Injuries)). So wringing your hands over a reported tough schedule is a total waste of time and effort. IMHO.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do the Eagles have one of the easiest schedules. When they came in 2nd in the NFCE, and play basically, the same schedule as Dallas does.
With the exceptions of what, 4 teams.
I have not looked at their schedule vs. ours yet.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Strength of schedule is overrated. Like I’ve been preaching here for years, every year is a new team with new coaches and new luck (good or bad (Injuries)). So wringing your hands over a reported tough schedule is a total waste of time and effort. IMHO.
Take the H out of the IMHO! Lol

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These pre-season “easy vs tough schedules” are almost always inaccurate because they are based on what some sports pundit thinks based on last year or even based on “reputation” alone.

Several teams that were good last year won’t be as good this year and vice versa. I put zero stock any of these schedule rankings.

The most true statement about an NFL schedule any year is this: All games and all opponents will be tough.

Motorola

Reaction score
How do the Eagles have one of the easiest schedules. When they came in 2nd in the NFCE, and play basically, the same schedule as Dallas does.
It's the execption of 3 teams
Cowboys and Eagles - along with Commanders and Giants -
will play the NFC South and AFC North (in addition to the rival home & away 6-game NFCE slate).

3 team difference - Dallas plays three 2023 division winners while Philadelphia will play the three 2nd-place teams in those same divisions.

Cowboys- @ NFCW 49ers, home v. AFCS Texans and NFCN Lions

Eagles- home v. NFCW Rams and AFCS Jaguars, playing NFCN Packers in Brazil.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
I don’t put a ton of stock into this right now because we have no idea what injuries will happen to any team or what surprise all pros develop on any team.

I could see us winning 10-13 games if our offensive line gels and the young guys in the trenches take a step forward. I could also see us winning 6 games if we have a locker room meltdown and/or our young guys don’t step up.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's the execption of 3 teams
Cowboys and Eagles - along with Commanders and Giants -
will play the NFC South and AFC North (in addition to the rival home & away 6-game NFCE slate).

3 team difference - Dallas plays three 2023 division winners while Philadelphia will play the three 2nd-place teams in those same divisions.

Cowboys- @ NFCW 49ers, home v. AFCS Texans and NFCN Lions

Eagles- home v. NFCW Rams and AFCS Jaguars, playing NFCN Packers in Brazil.
But there is that 17th game, vs an AFC team. So that is the 3rd team difference. As where used to be 2 team difference.
I was thinking 3 teams and that AFC as the 4th. I used to know that. Had a brain fart. :laugh:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
3 teams, the three the Cowboys draw had 34 wins last season, the three the Eagles draw had 27.

Motorola

Reaction score
But there is that 17th game, vs an AFC team. So that is the 3rd team difference. As where used to be 2 team difference.
I was thinking 3 teams and that AFC as the 4th. I used to know that. Had a brain fart. :laugh:
jazzcat22-
With all the changes that happen EVERY OFFSEASON- from rules to roster designations, and everything in between - the league should put out a comprehensive, detailed presentation right at the start of training camp that explains everything fans should know so we can be somewhat prepared \ thus knowledgeable on many things once the season kicks off..
The league could pair their website coverage with a 30-minute to hour long show on NFLN covering those topics.
Air that show starting with TC, continuing into HOF week and preseason.
Many fans still aren't clear on how the "emergency QB" directive works.
I've yet to actually pull up and read about the new kickoff rules - procedure -lineup.

plymkr

Reaction score
jazzcat22-
With all the changes that happen EVERY OFFSEASON- from rules to roster designations, and everything in between - the league should put out a comprehensive, detailed presentation right at the start of training camp that explains everything fans should know so we can be somewhat prepared \ thus knowledgeable on many things once the season kicks off..
The league could pair their website coverage with a 30-minute to hour long show on NFLN covering those topics.
Air that show starting with TC, continuing into HOF week and preseason.
Many fans still aren't clear on how the "emergency QB" directive works.
I've yet to actually pull up and read about the new kickoff rules - procedure -lineup.
This is actually a great idea and I would welcome this every offseason. Not only do we fans get confused but so do the players. The 49ers screwed up in the Super Bowl by not knowing the playoff overtime rules. Not that I’m upset about a 49er Super Bowl loss.