Ranking the helmets of the NFL - MSN

T-RO

Reaction score
I enjoyed that and agreed w/most of the critique. Star at the top, baby!

I couldn’t believe how ugly and unflattering those grey uniforms the Lions wore last Sunday. Look like pajamas.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BBNf9sy.img

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

I couldn’t believe how ugly and unflattering those grey uniforms the Lions wore last Sunday. Look like pajamas.
Bunch of tight fitting, grey, Snuggies!

9darter

Reaction score
So that makes it 'Honest Offer Trophy' (in Free Agency), 'Forbes Most Valuable Franchise Trophy' and now this 'Yard Barker Nicest Helmet of the NFL Trophy'.

What a haul in just one season. A true Golden Age to witness as a fan.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The "Star" baby the Star!!!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I went to my first Cowboys game in 1964 when I was 6 years old. The first thing that struck me when my dad took me up the ramp at the Cotton Bowl and I saw the Cowboys warming up, was how beautiful their uniforms were.

The silver helmet with blue star has been the best for a loooooong time. It’s a sports icon. It’s THE BEST.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
How are the Cardinals last? Those aren’t bad at all. Wait a minute...The Bills got #2? Who made this list?

Reactions: BAT

CWR

Reaction score

Lol, guess Im a weirdo. I thought they were cool.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
It seems that some teams are penalized for having "outdated" stripes down the middle, while other teams are given a pass for having the same stripes down the middle of the the helmet.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
helmets have gone downhill in appearance, I hate the new helmets with all the holes and gaps.
Minnesota and giants used to have some nice looking helmets, glossy metallic blue, now it is the flat blue and ugly new designed helmets.

Same for uniforms, they are getting better they are getting uglier and silly, with nike designing all this crap.

Dallas luckily has maintained their classic look , but most teams have gone down hill.

sometimes it is hard to know who is playing till you see the score or a helmet up close, and no continuity with the uniforms.

Tampa Bay and minnesota I think, and houston all use the funky jersey number fonts, it is horrible.

Hardline

Reaction score
I prefer the old white Cowboys helmet with the solid blue star.