Rapoport: Cowboys to work on contract extension for Mike McCarthy after the season

817Gill

Reaction score
Makes sense, he’s been a top 7/8 HC and one of the 3/4 best this season especially post bye.

Not going to get much better than that and you are likely to get worse if you get someone new. The team seems bought in and united, wouldn’t make sense to break that up now.

The same can be said about Dak at this point.

Flamma

Reaction score
It just bothers me that no coach has ever won a SB with two different teams. Plenty of coaches have taken two different teams to SBs. I realize this is just dumb luck or happenstance, but I'm superstitious. Yeah I know, Emmitt Laughs at my superstition.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It just bothers me that no coach has ever won a SB with two different teams. Plenty of coaches have taken two different teams to SBs. I realize this is just dumb luck or happenstance, but I'm superstitious. Yeah I know, Emmitt Laughs at my superstition.
I think a big part of that is not many SB coaches end up going elsewhere. Then you have coaches like Reid and Belichick that won SB's on their second team only.

As far as active coaches I think only Mike McCarthy and Sean Payton fit into the category of trying to win a SB with a second team.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think a big part of that is not many SB coaches end up going elsewhere. Then you have coaches like Reid and Belichick that won SB's on their second team only.

As far as active coaches I think only Mike McCarthy and Sean Payton fit into the category of trying to win a SB with a second team.
Don't forget the Jaguars head coach. Pederson is it?

I think Andy Reid is the only coach out there that has taken two different teams to the super bowl. Unless I'm missing someone.