Rashard Mendenhall

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Biggems;1691472 said:
So if you had to choose between McFadden and Mendenhall, who would you pick.....and why?

Mendenhall. I'm totally sold after watching the rosebowl. The kid has it. I can see it plain as day. Totally impressed.

Remember, just like McFadden, Mendenhall also plays with little threat of a passing game, but the real reason I choose Mendenhall over McFadden is the price tag.

Mendenhall can be taken later on and we can use our other first round pick on a CB, WR, or SS.

postal

Reaction score
I'm sold on Mendenhall also,even before the rosebowl.he can run and catch and is fast.

dallasfan

Reaction score
I was leaning toward Medenhall before today, but now I'm convinced. He has less bust potential than Felix Jones and probably just as much big play potential and is more elusive than Jonathan Stewart.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
can't go wrong w/ either, sucks that all 3 are Juniors and all could go back, but it looks pretty good that Mendenhall at least will be coming out

JerryFan

Reaction score
finally you all are seeing the light. 'Shard is the man. Watch his feet, he has unbelievable feet.

IlliniNation

Reaction score
A couple break aways yesterday I was cheering and crying with each yard he ran. He did have a big game and against the best defense he's gone up against this year too. I think the game yesterday sold him on leaving. He had a few quotes in a local paper that gave strong hints. He said he hant anything more to prove, and a return to make a run at the Heisman did not interest him. Commentators at the game did say he needed to work on his blocking skills.

http://www.herald-review.com/articles/2007/12/29/sports/illini/1028955.txt

JerryFan

Reaction score
IlliniNation;1874763 said:
A couple break aways yesterday I was cheering and crying with each yard he ran. He did have a big game and against the best defense he's gone up against this year too. I think the game yesterday sold him on leaving. He had a few quotes in a local paper that gave strong hints. He said he hant anything more to prove, and a return to make a run at the Heisman did not interest him. Commentators at the game did say he needed to work on his blocking skills.

http://www.herald-review.com/articles/2007/12/29/sports/illini/1028955.txt

he said all that before the Rose Bowl game. He's for sure gone. He also said something along the lines of leaving so his brother (Walter) could play, which as Illini fans we know won't happen.

Smith22

Reaction score
He looked awesome during that game. One of the few weapons they have on offense and he was still busting lose.

Also, Vontae Davis (CB, Illinois) looked extremely fast chasing down that long run from behind. He shot down the field like a rocket to make the tackle right after the announcer said something like "No way anybody is going to catch him now".

JerryFan

Reaction score
Smith22;1875357 said:
He looked awesome during that game. One of the few weapons they have on offense and he was still busting lose.

Also, Vontae Davis (CB, Illinois) looked extremely fast chasing down that long run from behind. He shot down the field like a rocket to make the tackle right after the announcer said something like "No way anybody is going to catch him now".

I actually think Illinois has several players on offense who will be in the league. We have 2-3 lineman who will be there (O'Donnell, Fulton for sure), Rejus Benn will be there, Jeff Cumberland will be there (huge WR, 6'5 4.4 40). Don't sell Illinois short guys, Ron Zook is building a powerhouse football program in Champaign, IL. Mendenhall is unreal though. He is the total package and only going to get better IMO.

IlliniNation

Reaction score
Vantae Davis will be in pros one day too. Good thing Benn cant come out yet due to rules.