Rashaun Woods

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
Because it isn't responsible for drafting him, the new San Francisco staff has no loyalty to wide receiver Rashaun Woods, and the 49ers' first-round pick of just a year ago could be sent packing.

got this from Len P's Tip Sheet....
Just wanted to ask if anyon in the know can tell me why they are giving up on Woods already (or at least close to it)....

I saw this guy in college and he was a MONSTER. what's the problem?

Smith22

Reaction score
He was awesome in college. Didn't follow him last year with the whiners though.

lkelly

Reaction score
He couldn't make a dent in the depth chart last year as a rookie. That's not unheard of, but certainly not a positive when your team is struggling on offense and will play anybody for the last half of the year because there's no shot at the playoffs.

Looks to be another bad draft pick for an organization that hasn't drafted well in a long time.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
His 40 time wasn't all that great. But I'm at a loss why he isn't doing as well. I was hoping he would drop to the second round and the Cowboys would have a chance at him.

Oh well. Shows you how much I know about player evaluation. :)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Yes .....He was great at Oklahoma State....That's a shocker, thought he would be a great pro.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm pretty sure the 9ers kept 6 receivers and R. Woods made the cut.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
I can't find where he got cut either.

I'm 57% positive he didn't get cut.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
SF Cuts I do not see his name.

San Francisco CB Allan Amundson, DE Tony Brown, T Brendan Darby, FB Tony Ficklin, CB Daven Holly, C Norm Katnik, WR Marcus Maxwell, CB Willie Middlebrooks, G Scott Peters, T Tim Provost, RB Bobby Purify, CB Rayshun Reed, LB Richard Seigler, LB Ray Wells, LB Matt Yates

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
SF Cuts I do not see his name.

San Francisco CB Allan Amundson, DE Tony Brown, T Brendan Darby, FB Tony Ficklin, CB Daven Holly, C Norm Katnik, WR Marcus Maxwell, CB Willie Middlebrooks, G Scott Peters, T Tim Provost, RB Bobby Purify, CB Rayshun Reed, LB Richard Seigler, LB Ray Wells, LB Matt Yates

I was right!

See Nors, I'm not always wrong.

;)

Hailmary

Reaction score
It's fact that collegiate WRs are one of the hardest positions to gauge as to how they'll perform at the next level. W/ that said, it would be ******** for the 9er's to give up on him so soon. It takes most recievers a couple of years to develop. If ever released, I'd pick him up in a heartbeat.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Hailmary said:
It's fact that collegiate WRs are one of the hardest positions to gauge as to how they'll perform at the next level. W/ that said, it would be ******** for the 9er's to give up on him so soon. It takes most recievers a couple of years to develop. If ever released, I'd pick him up in a heartbeat.

So would I. ;)

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Rashaun Woods has been plagued by hammy problems since his rookie year so it's prevented him from seeing the field. I'm not even sure if he played in any preseason games this year. The Niners coaches are also upset with him because he hasn't picked up the playbook either.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I thought Woods would be an excellent pro as well, but from what I've heard, SF coaches think Woods has a poor work ethic. And that's one of the few things I can think of that would explain his failing as a pro, because he definitely has the talent.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sarge said:
I was right!

See Nors, I'm not always wrong.

;)

Time for you to start the customary "I told you so" thread. Go ahead, Sarge, do a little chest thumping. :cool:

NickZepp

Reaction score
Woods in college could jump over a lot of guys and had good size. His speed was never great. Also he basically was able to do the Michael Irvin type thing that's not allowed anymore. And his size isn't that great at 6-0 190. He was never gonna make a great pro. I thought he would be better then he's ended up being though.