Ravens | Deion the assistant coach?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 14:54:20 -0800

Mike Preston, writing for the Sporting News, reports there is some speculation Baltimore Ravens CB Deion Sanders, who is about to retire from the NFL, wants to return as an assistant coach either with the Ravens or somewhere in the league. However, he might not want to come back to Baltimore until the Ravens solve their differences with MLB Ray Lewis.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Any thoughts on Deion teaching technique as an assistant cb coach to our corners? As well as TNew has played, I think with a little help he could be even better.

Big D

Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Any thoughts on Deion teaching technique as an assistant cb coach to our corners? As well as TNew has played, I think with a little help he could be even better.

You can't teach speed.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Big D said:
You can't teach speed.

I don't think that TNew is a slouch when it comes to speed. Deion had a knack for baiting the qb to throw the ball his direction and still getting the pick, so I think that TNew could be coached to what sort of cushion can be given and still being able stay in position to make the break on the ball for a pick or at the very least to deflect it away.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
I think that the thing that made Deion so good was that he had a WR mind set. When he saw the ball in the air, he really believed that it was intended for him and the WR was the DB.