News: Ravens don't consider Dak Prescott a rookie quarterback anymore

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
The Baltimore Ravenshaven't lost to a rookie quarterback in three seasons, which should be of particular interest for Sunday's game against Dak Prescott and theDallas Cowboys.

The only problem is, the Ravens think it's unfair to put that label on Prescott.

“I don’t know after nine games if he is considered a rookie anymore," Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees said. "This guy has seen a bunch of stuff now. They played three divisional teams that you know throw everything at them that they can throw at them, and nobody has rattled him. I don’t think of him -- don’t even look at him -- as a rookie. I look at him just as another quarterback that’s an excellent, excellent talent."

LINK: http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-...der-dak-prescott-a-rookie-quarterback-anymore

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's merit in what the defensive coordinator from the Ravens is saying...

9 regular season games plus he played a bunch in the preseason.

He's experienced a lot already.

VACowboy

Reaction score
There's merit in what the defensive coordinator from the Ravens is saying...

9 regular season games plus he played a bunch in the preseason.

He's experienced a lot already.

I don't buy that for a second. *NINE* games? Seriously? I just finished reading a billion page thread about Dak's wild inaccuracy, how he makes bad reads, misses wide open guys and has a **** ton of stuff to learn. It took Tom Brady years to become Tom Brady. Dak is mature and plays the QB position well, but he's played NINE NFL GAMES! He's good, but he's still a rookie.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't buy that for a second. *NINE* games? Seriously? I just finished reading a billion page thread about Dak's wild inaccuracy, how he makes bad reads, misses wide open guys and has a **** ton of stuff to learn. It took Tom Brady years to become Tom Brady. Dak is mature and plays the QB position well, but he's played NINE NFL GAMES! He's good, but he's still a rookie.

I wouldn't call him a "veteran" either.

But he's certainly beyond most rookie QB's.

The guy has a what 106? QB rating.

He's hasn't been nearly as bad as what some have suggested.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The Baltimore Ravenshaven't lost to a rookie quarterback in three seasons, which should be of particular interest for Sunday's game against Dak Prescott and theDallas Cowboys.

The only problem is, the Ravens think it's unfair to put that label on Prescott.

“I don’t know after nine games if he is considered a rookie anymore," Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees said. "This guy has seen a bunch of stuff now. They played three divisional teams that you know throw everything at them that they can throw at them, and nobody has rattled him. I don’t think of him -- don’t even look at him -- as a rookie. I look at him just as another quarterback that’s an excellent, excellent talent."

LINK: http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-...der-dak-prescott-a-rookie-quarterback-anymore

They know they are going to lose so they are preparing everyone by saying that Dak isn't a rookie. It will cushion their blow. :D

VACowboy

Reaction score
Whatever.

"If this was going to be his first game starting, I would say, 'OK, we have a rookie quarterback coming in,'" Pees said. "But not when you’re 8-1 and he’s taken them all the way. And the way they have demolished some people, I don’t look at him at all as a rookie."

You really accept the logic that Dak isn't a rookie because he's played nine games and gone 8-1? If he was, say, 2-7, would we be talking about how he's played nine games, seen tons of stuff so obviously he's not starting NFL material. Or would we say he's a rookie? Cody Kessler has played seven games. Is he a rookie? Hobbout Wentz? After which game did Dak cease being a rookie?

Look, I'm not trying to be a smart***. I believe that Peas and his team respect Dak, but it's NOT because he's played nine games.

Plumfool

Reaction score
He's a rookie. Teams just show respect him differently than most rookies.