Raven's Free agent RT Tony Pashos

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Does anyone have some insight into his play?

6'-6' 320 lbs

ESPN's Scout Inc:

Pashos has played well for the Ravens in his fourth year in the league. He is a huge, massive body with long limbs and good power and wins with size, strength and effort. He plays right tackle and may have a tough time being effective at any other position along the offensive line. Pashos is not explosive off the line of scrimmage but has a decent first step and gets into defenders with his long arms and muscles opponents. He is effective in a limited area with his foot quickness, agility and balance. He is not nifty-footed and shows marginal lateral recovery agility in space and on the second level but has a good feel for body positioning and reacts well to stunts and twists. He is aware of angles and appears to have a feel for his own limitations as he rarely over-extends to make a block. Pashos plays high with average knee bend but does work with good hand use and techniques. He does a nice job of steering high-edge speed rushers and defenders do him a favor by not countering inside. Tony is a good football player and has made himself into a very effective right tackle with awareness, size, strength, technique and effort.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
He is a pretty good player, but I would be happy just to resign Columbo.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;1397641 said:
He is a pretty good player, but I would be happy just to resign Columbo.
Since I live in the DC area I get local Raven's games. I don't remember him getting beat that much, but he also never stood out.

I know they are having cap problems, but rarely do they ever let good, young players leave, but they also have arguably the best scouting team so they can feel they can replace the guy.

They drafted Pashos in the 3rd RD.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
I really don't see him as an upgrade over Columbo, plus he will probably command more money than Columbo. I think we can get Columbo signed reasonably and just look for possible depth at OT. That could come from McQuistan or possibly Davis should he come here to play OG.

sago1

Reaction score
The problem seems to be that he can only play RT; wonder how good he would be as a RG. I think our two OT starters are better then he is and I'd want our backups to be able to play both OT positions. So unless he comes very cheap and prepared understand he's a backup, I doubt if we interested. I'd rather keep Fabini whose already under contract and who can play both OT positions--even if he's only adequate.