Ravens Injury updates

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
<snipped from larger article>

Injury update

Harbaugh sounded optimistic that cornerback Fabian Washington's pulled hamstring would not keep him out of Saturday night's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

"We expect Fabian to be OK. He's going to be working on it, and he should be OK."

Harbaugh also said the team is hopeful about rookie running back Ray Rice's left shin bruise. Although he did not provide an update on players such as linebacker Jarret Johnson (calf) and fullback Le'Ron McClain (neck), Harbaugh said: "Just with the injury situation, we have a lot of guys coming out of that game with bumps and bruises or the previous game in Ray's case. Just like you'd expect in December, that's where we're at. We'll have them ready for Saturday night."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravensnotes16dec16,0,4362561.story

Boysboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2499395 said:
<snipped from larger article>

Injury update

Harbaugh sounded optimistic that cornerback Fabian Washington's pulled hamstring would not keep him out of Saturday night's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

This may have made Rex Ryan play prevent on the Steelers' game-winning TD drive. His replacement was a former NY Giants castaway(Frank Walker).

With the Steelers going 5 wide and this injury situation, I might have done the same thing too.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I would throw all night to the guy that Fabian Washington is covering. Let's test that hammy, shall we?

Smith22

Reaction score
On my commute home last night, the Ravens sounded encouraged about Washington making it back, but Ray Rice sounded questionable at best. Time will tell. Rice and McClain have carried the load mostly. Willis has been banged up all year and the coach doesn't exactly love his work ethic.

Smith22

Reaction score
The weakest link on the Ravens D is their corners, with CMAC already being done for the year, and now Washington is running with a bad hammy.

newlander

Reaction score
easy Garland.........you're assuming Romo has the time to throw......BIG ASSUMPTION with the way our Oline played last week:especially the "Proctologist"

Personally: and I'm not kidding here one bit: I'd do whatever it takes to protect him: leave in Bennet and/or Witten to block plus Cricket. Then send out only 3 into the pattern. T.O., Roy, and Crayton can get open if TR has the time. If not, then Austin can help out too.
MAX PROTECT this week I'm telling you.............

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
newlander;2500952 said:
easy Garland.........you're assuming Romo has the time to throw......BIG ASSUMPTION with the way our Oline played last week:especially the "Proctologist"

Personally: and I'm not kidding here one bit: I'd do whatever it takes to protect him: leave in Bennet and/or Witten to block plus Cricket. Then send out only 3 into the pattern. T.O., Roy, and Crayton can get open if TR has the time. If not, then Austin can help out too.
MAX PROTECT this week I'm telling you.............

Although they all had their moments in the game the biggest problem is not Proctor. Yes they have had to help him at times. And at times he's done just fine. It's their recognition in picking up the blitz. I don't know why the right side of the line had problems. Perhaps they attacked them knowing they had problems with it or perhaps they just happened to attack that side of the line and they couldn't deal with it.

Eventually Garrett got them out of it by burning them with the screens and Tony hurt them with the play to Crayton. They still brought pressure.

So if you think that they are just rolling thru the LG you're wrong and you're over simplifying the problem. Balt is going to see our problems and how we dealt with it. I'm sure Red is aware of it and they are both fixing the problem as best they can and working on a solution besides the screens and draws.

Why can't we hot read to TO, Witten or Roy on slants? Are we doing that and I'm not seeing it?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Fabian Washington made a few plays, but he got beat several times in that game. He gave up some pretty good YAC yards.

The Ravens' defense looked vulnerable to the pass down the middle. Hines Ward and the TE exploited the middle of their defense. Ward was catching the ball on the run and getting extra yards.

Patrick Crayton or Miles Austin or Witten or Bennett should be able to get some big yards over the middle. There was a lot of green turf to be had by WRs, at times, during that game.

Tashard Choice could hurt them on screens and dump offs, too. The intermediate to deep middle in some of their zones is open.

Haloti Ngata was burned while trying to cover too far down the middle of the field.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Its supposed to be 75 and sunny again saturday night, which is bizzare seeing that it is 25 tonight and supposed to be in the teens next sunday.

I guess one last sunny day at the stadium.

but I still think 13 or 17 points is all it will take for either team to win this game. We are going to struggle on offense.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
theebs;2501057 said:
Its supposed to be 75 and sunny again saturday night, which is bizzare seeing that it is 25 tonight and supposed to be in the teens next sunday.

I guess one last sunny day at the stadium.

but I still think 13 or 17 points is all it will take for either team to win this game. We are going to struggle on offense.

I think Dallas' defense will score this week. I bet Newman takes one to the house. Flacco's coach will get too cute at some point in this game, and it will cost them 7. Just wait.

I think if the Ravens are not careful, they might get blown out. I don't think they can block us, and Flacco is in for a shock. They will key on Ware, but they can't stop him.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if you are right. If you can get 3 TDs, you are probably going to win this game for sure. It could be played in the teens for sure.

I'll take three TDs and zero turnovers just like the Giants game. Give me that every game, and we are going places.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Flacco is going to be like stretch armstrong after this one. They will have to roll him off the field after a pounding.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Even if Fabian plays, at this point, there is no way he could possibly be 100% and I wouldn't be shocked at all if Dallas makes sure and tests him early and often.