Ravens keeping tabs on cornerback Toler!Anyone know him? is this a sleeper CB?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Anyone know him? is this a sleeper CB?

Ravens keeping tabs on cornerback Toler
UNC's Nicks set to visit
By AARON WILSON Landmark News Service
Published 03/29/09

OWINGS MILLS - The Baltimore Ravens are taking a look at small-school cornerback Greg Toler, an emerging NFL draft sleeper from tiny St. Paul's College in rural Virginia.

A Washington, D.C., native, Toler is working out for the Ravens tomorrow at Woodrow Wilson High. The New York Jets are also scheduled to work out Toler tomororw.

The Division II star had private workouts this past week for the Cleveland Browns and the Miami Dolphins.

Described as this year's Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, the Arizona Cardinals cornerback drafted in the first round a year ago out of Tennessee State, Toler has designs on being selected somewhere between the second and the fourth round in next month's NFL draft.

"I'm taking that small-school route and, hopefully, I'll get the chance to prove that football is football on any level," Toler said in a telephone interview. "Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie took this route to the NFL, and I'm looking to do the same th ing. All I want is a good shot.

"If I had gone to a bigger school, I might have gotten complacent. From where I'm coming from, I treasure this a lot more. I don't complain about anything, and I just appreciate the opportunity. This is my dream."

According to NFL.com, Toler has been projected as a mid-round to late-round draft pick.

Toler said he has upcoming visits with the Washington Commanders, Houston Texans, San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Minnesota Vikings, Jets, Cardinals, Browns, Green Bay Packers, Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Dallas Cowboys are also scheduled to work out Toler at some point.

Listed at 5-foot-11, 191 pounds, Toler has been clocked as fast as a hand-timed 4.35 in the 40-yard dash. He intercepted 14 career passes at St. Pauls's, a CIAA school in Lawrenceville, Va.

Meanwhile, the Ravens have scheduled University of North Carolina junior wide receiver Hakeem Nicks for a visit.

An All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection, Nicks has been plagued by a strained hamstring that sidelined him for the NFL scouting combine. He gained 14 pounds between the injury and his recent Pro Day, and that negative development could significantly hurt his draft stock.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
me too, i posted some more on him in who do the cowboys like post, you can check it out, should be the last page