"Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class" Great Read

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
"I wrote this piece in January 2010, in the few days that followed the NFC Championship Game between the Vikings, where I was the backup quarterback, and the Saints. You may think this game is special for its place in the Saints’ bounty controversy, but to me it’s special for an entirely different reason: In all my experiences in professional football, it best encompasses the true soul of what the NFL is. For my own sanity, I wanted to express my thoughts on the game and take you inside what happened before, during and after it. "

By Sage Rosenfels.

Full Article: http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/07/sage-rosenfels-brett-favre-saints-vikings/

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great stuff. Thanks for posting this.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Good stuff. I wonder if there's not a QB we all know pretty well who can identify with this:

The next day I woke up and flipped on Sportscenter as my kids went off to school. Talking heads discussing the game accused Brett of choking. This immediately pissed me off. How could these sports analysts have such a lack of understanding of the way Brett performed? How could they not see the hits he took and the injuries he sustained, and how he carried our whole team on his back through them all? How could they not see the time and effort it took to prepare for that game; the hours and hours of film, meetings, practice time and conditioning it took to get to that moment? How he helped make good young players into Pro Bowlers? How could they not realize that if we hadn’t fumbled earlier in the game or hadn’t had the miscommunication that led to the 12-men-on-the-field penalty, he wouldn’t have ever been in that situation in the first place? It was discouraging to see the entire game encapsulated by one bad play.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Nice article. I found the part where he describe how Favre focused on the QB's movement and how those movements affect the defense very interesting.