Rayfield Wright autograph signing photos

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
My 3-year-old daughter and I got to meet Rayfield Wright Saturday (my 1 year old stayed home). He participated in an autograph signing session at a card show in Arlington, TX. It's a shame more players today do not emulate Rayfield on-and-off the field. He is one of the nicest people you could ever meet - extremely humble and very respectful, despite being one of the best offensive linemen to ever play the game. He signed 2 of his books ("Wright Up Front") for both my girls and told my daughter, "Now, make sure daddy reads my book to you."

Later on, we had a photo-op with Rayfield. He took off one of his Super Bowl rings and put it on my daughter's finger for her to wear. The ring was almost the size of her wrist. I took a couple of photos of her wearing his ring, then we took a photo of the 3 of us. I'm 6'0" and he was towering over me. No wonder Roger felt safe with Rayfield blocking for him. Right before he left, I asked my daughter, "Tell Mr. Wright who your favorite football team is." Rayfield then asked her, "Who is your favorite team?" She pointed at Rayfield and said, "You." He almost fell over laughing so hard.

This morning during breakfast my daughter tells my wife, "I want my milk in a Cowboys cup." We have a few of those Troy Aikman cups from Wing Stop and some Parcells cups they sell at Texas Stadium. So, my wife pours milk in the Troy Aikman cup and hands it to her. "No," my daughter said, "I want a Rayfield cup."

From the mouth of kids....

photos are posted below.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Here's the cover of Rayfield's book:
01-wrightupfrontbookcover.jpg

Rayfield signing my 3 year old daughter's book:
02-rayfieldsigningjessicasbook.jpg

Here's Jessica's signed book:
03-jessicabook.jpg

WOW. Rayfield took off one of his Super Bowl rings and let my daugher wear it. The ring was almost the size of her wrist:
06-jessicawearingrayfieldssuperbowlring.jpg

Here's Rayfield, my daughter and I:
07-rayfieldjeffjessica.jpg

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i like how someones holding the ring, like a little girl is going to steal that especally when she is in awe of the guy and says her favorite team his him lol

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
cute kid, great pictures. good to see you're teaching her to love football at an early age.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:
i like how someones holding the ring, like a little girl is going to steal that especally when she is in awe of the guy and says her favorite team his him lol

Rayfield was actually trying to keep the ring on her finger so it wouldnt fall off. The ring was so large and heavy, it kept sliding off her finger. He was just trying to hold it in place so I could snap a picture. It took me a little while to get my camera out and ready to snap that pic. He asked my daughter, "Would you like to wear my ring?" She said, "Yes" and he proceeded to place it on her finger as best he could. Then, I was frozen for a few seconds in shock thinking to myself, "Did he just place his $20,000 Super Bowl ring on a 3-year old?!?!?!? What if she drops it and cracks the diamond setting?!?!?" That's when he helped keep it on her finger and I fumbled to get my camera ready. There was a few seconds where she was actually wearing it without Rayfield holding it on her finger. He really is a sweet, gentle man and my daughter really took to him.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
txlonghorn14 said:
cute kid, great pictures. good to see you're teaching her to love football at an early age.

Thanks. As I told Rayfield, I'm brainwashing my kids as best I can. They've both been to numerous Cowboys games as early as 6 months old. They love their Cowboys and they love attending the games.

Thanksgiving2005.jpg

DA FAN

Reaction score
Master Tailgater is right! From viewing the pictures, looks like you go all out!

Good Job!

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
DA FAN said:
Master Tailgater is right! From viewing the pictures, looks like you go all out!

Good Job!

Thanks. Texas Stadium allows tailgaters to setup 4 hours prior to kickoff each game. We arrive at Texas Stadium each game 5 hours prior to kickoff and security lets us in to setup early before they let everyone else in the parking lot. We usually tailgate for 4 hours before the game, then head into the game, and then tailgate another 4 hours after the game is over. This way we can have fun and not sit in the traffic exiting the stadium. The 3:00 PM games are the most fun to attend. We can watch the Sunday Ticket games before the Cowboys game starts, then we can watch the Sunday night ESPN game after the Cowboys game is over. It's a tiring 13 hour day, but always worth it!!!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
CowboyJeff said:
Rayfield was actually trying to keep the ring on her finger so it wouldnt fall off. The ring was so large and heavy, it kept sliding off her finger. He was just trying to hold it in place so I could snap a picture. It took me a little while to get my camera out and ready to snap that pic. He asked my daughter, "Would you like to wear my ring?" She said, "Yes" and he proceeded to place it on her finger as best he could. Then, I was frozen for a few seconds in shock thinking to myself, "Did he just place his $20,000 Super Bowl ring on a 3-year old?!?!?!? What if she drops it and cracks the diamond setting?!?!?" That's when he helped keep it on her finger and I fumbled to get my camera ready. There was a few seconds where she was actually wearing it without Rayfield holding it on her finger. He really is a sweet, gentle man and my daughter really took to him.

ah, i thought it was his assistant or someone holding it so "she didn't steal it" like some athletes would do.

DA FAN

Reaction score
CowboyJeff said:
Thanks. Texas Stadium allows tailgaters to setup 4 hours prior to kickoff each game. We arrive at Texas Stadium each game 5 hours prior to kickoff and security lets us in to setup early before they let everyone else in the parking lot. We usually tailgate for 4 hours before the game, then head into the game, and then tailgate another 4 hours after the game is over. This way we can have fun and not sit in the traffic exiting the stadium. The 3:00 PM games are the most fun to attend. We can watch the Sunday Ticket games before the Cowboys game starts, then we can watch the Sunday night ESPN game after the Cowboys game is over. It's a tiring 13 hour day, but always worth it!!!

Let me ask you. Do you put away all your gear (tent, coolers, pit, etc..) before going to the game or do you feel comfortable leaving everything setup?

My first time I tailgated was a couple of years back (blue parking) and I put everything away before I went to the game not knowing how safe it would be.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:
ah, i thought it was his assistant or someone holding it so "she didn't steal it" like some athletes would do.

That's why Rayfield Wright is a class act. He comes from a different generation that isnt all about "me me me."

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
DA FAN said:
Let me ask you. Do you put away all your gear (tent, coolers, pit, etc..) before going to the game or do you feel comfortable leaving everything setup?

My first time I tailgated was a couple of years back (blue parking) and I put everything away before I went to the game not knowing how safe it would be.

Compared to other Stadiums, the blue parking lot at Texas Stadium is pretty safe. Regardless, I put almost everything away except the skeleton of the tent. It's still there when I get back. The only game I put absolutely everything away is against Filthadelphia. Eagles fans, no matter where the game is held, leave a trail of destruction in their path.

DA FAN

Reaction score
CowboyJeff said:
Compared to other Stadiums, the blue parking lot at Texas Stadium is pretty safe. Regardless, I put almost everything away except the skeleton of the tent. It's still there when I get back. The only game I put absolutely everything away is against Filthadelphia. Eagles fans, no matter where the game is held, leave a trail of destruction in their path.

Thanks for the info.