15. Denver Broncos- Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
16. Miami Dolphins- Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech
17. Minnesota Vikings- Vince Young, QB,Texas
18. Dallas Cowboys- Manny Lawson, DE/OLB, NC State
19. San Deigo Chargers- Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
20. Kansas City Chiefs- Antonio Cromartie*, CB, Florida State

Natedawg44

Reaction score
3 picks and 3 freaks. I think the entire cowboy nation would vote Ireland Dictator for life for that draft

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Even if Farve retires, I can't see the Packers taking a QB in the 1st. Rogers is a good QB and should be ready to take over. Nothing will be pretty about GB's offense no matter who the QB is; the OL is horrible, and they are thin at WR.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think GB takes a QB.. They did just take Aaron Rogers in the last draft.

The Brownies have far bigger needs than taking an undersized CB that high. I would say either an OLB or a NT for Romeo's 3-4 defense he's building.

And I'm still not so certain that Dallas takes another DE to move to OLB, even if he is a physical specimen.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
A lot of mocks show Watkins slipping into the middle of the 3rd round. That's one reason why I don't take a lot of mocks too seriously. Watkins has the physical tools to be a Pro Bowl player- almost 6'5, 211 pounds 4.4 40 and he has a good attitude. I think when the pros start making real live selections this guy doesn't make it out of the 2nd round. But I happen to agree with your take that the 3rd is when we will look at safety. If Watkins is there he would be a steal IMO.

Same principal with Lawson. Pro teams won't let that kind of athletic ability slide long. You see a lot of mocks having him drop into the high 30's. I don't believe that either. If we want him, it's 18 or nothing.

Moss could slip to 49 because he's a midget. It would be a very good value for Moss, who is a playmaker, but in the end I think the pick that we're most likely to move down with is the 2nd rounder. Late 2nd is where you can snag the top 3 guards in this draft- Joseph, Spencer and Gilles. For us, with DB as the QB we need quality OL play and that means adding a guy that can play if needed next year. All three of those guys could compete with Kozier for time at LG. The late 3rd we could pick up for the trade down is where we could look WR- thinking about names like Greg Jennings, Brandon Williams and Devin Aromashodu here- guys that can also fill our need for a PR.

1) Lawson
2) Joseph, Spencer, Gilles
3) Watkins, Manning, Griffin, Zemaitis
3B) Jennings, Williams, Aromashodu
5) Tommy Jackson
6) Cooper Wallace or Quinn Sypniewski
7) Josh Huston or Stephen Gostkowski

ghst187

Reaction score
I agree on LOVING that draft but I think we will take an OL in the second rather than a WR. If we're looking WR in the second, Maurice Stovall is the guy I'd want.