News: Read Stephen Jones Addresses Status Of Suspended DE Randy Gregory

CCBoy

Reaction score
Stephen Jones Addresses Status Of Suspended DE Randy Gregory
http://www.dallascowboys.com/2017writersblog

Stephen Jones Addresses Status Of Suspended DE Randy Gregory
(Feb. 27; 1:30 p.m.) – Speaking Tuesday at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones was asked about the status of suspended defensive end Randy Gregory, the team’s 2015 second-round pick who has not been with the team since the end of the 2016 season.

“Obviously he’s suspended and we’re not able to have contact with him, so that’s difficult,” Jones said. “At the same time, we obviously invested in Randy and wish and hope for nothing but the best for Randy. “He’s on a journey and I know he’s trying to get his off-the-field situations worked out and he’s obviously got a lot of skill as a football player. But first and foremost he has to get himself personally and his physical well-being off the field in a good place.”

In January 2017, the NFL suspended Gregory at least one year for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Gregory had just returned from a 14-game suspension to start the 2016 season. Asked if the Cowboys have any part in Gregory’s process for potential reinstatement, Jones said, “No. That’s done through him and his agent.”...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys' Randy Gregory: Team not preparing for reinstatement
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Tuesday that the team is preparing for a "worst-case scenario" regarding Gregory's (suspension) potential reinstatement from the NFL, Todd Archer of ESPN.com reports.

Gregory, a 2015 second-round pick, has appeared in just two games the past two seasons due to repeat violations of the NFL's drug policy, with the defensive end most recently receiving a one-year suspension in January of 2017. Though he's been eligible to apply for reinstatement since early November, it's unclear if Gregory intends to do so, given that he reportedly tested positive for marijuana shortly after receiving the one-year ban. At this time, Jones said the organization's top priority for Gregory is helping him get his life back in order rather than preparing him for a return to the gridiron.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/DAL/dallas-cowboys

Techsass

Reaction score
What a shame. I really don't know why I've latched onto the guy, but I was hoping he'd make it.