Read This and Be Encouraged

rcaldw

Reaction score
1992, Dallas Cowboys look STRONG, head into Washington and lose to a division rival late in the year. (2 games to go in the season) Jimmy Johnson is livid. The players are in mourning.

Dallas goes on the road and beats Atlanta
Comes home and beats Chicago

Defeats Philly in round 1
Defeats the 49ers on the road in the NFC Championship game
Defeats Buffalo for the Super Bowl

Teams DO lose, and some losses actually can make a team better.

The only thing that even mildly disturbs me is that this is really 2 "iffy" performances in a row. Maybe this loss will snap us back to how we were flying before.

Go Cowboys!!

sbark

Reaction score
rcaldw;1838869 said:
1992, Dallas Cowboys look STRONG, head into Washington and lose to a division rival late in the year. (2 games to go in the season) Jimmy Johnson is livid. The players are in mourning.

The only thing that even mildly disturbs me is that this is really 2 "iffy" performances in a row. Maybe this loss will snap us back to how we were flying before.

Wasn't there some infamous plane ride home after that game......think Jimmy J ripped all the way if I remember correctly........

memory good, just short.......correct me if i'm wrong

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
rcaldw;1838869 said:

Go Cowboys!!
Good post.

Go Cowboys!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
rcaldw;1838869 said:

Go Cowboys!!

and if you go back and watch you will see in that washington game, we were backed up with the ball at about the 15 or 20 late in the 4th, aikman hits irvin in stride in front of darrell green, green catches up forces the ball out of irvins hands the skins recover.

then the skins drive down and are 1st and goal and we stop them 4 times, 4 times on the road at the line.

Then aikman fumbles...(debateable) then emmit picks it up and fumbles (debateable) all in the endzone and the skins recover for the score and the win.

all because Michael Irvin, Troy aikman and emmit smith fumbled.

In the next 6 weeks those three guys played pretty well I would say.

rcaldw

Reaction score
sbark;1838893 said:
rcaldw;1838869 said:

Wasn't there some infamous plane ride home after that game......think Jimmy J ripped *** all the way if I remember correctly........

memory good, just short.......correct me if i'm wrong

You are absolutely correct.

And to the person who said that this isn't the 92 Cowboys, you are correct. But this also isn't the NFL of 1992, and the 2007 Cowboys are still the class of the NFC as I see it.

The 1992 Cowboys finished 13-3 in THEIR NFL, and the 2007 Cowboys are now 12-2 in THEIR NFL.

This team can still control their destiny, get home field throughout and go the Super Bowl. Go Cowboys!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1838891 said:
This team is not the 92 Cowboys

:laugh2:

It doesn't run the ball like the 1992 Cowboys either, and neither does it have the balance of that team.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
I'm not that worried...

We have too many blessings to count so far and the season is not over.

We had a bad performance by the defense last week and one of the same by the offense this week.

Hope the special teams don't blow it next week. ;) LMAO

I'm excited to see how Dallas rights the ship next week.

Not skeered:cool:

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
That 92 team had also struggled to a last minute win the previous week against Denver, then lost to Washington. But, yeah, this ain't the 92 Cowboys.

SibannacRex

Reaction score
kingwhicker;1839096 said:
That 92 team had also struggled to a last minute win the previous week against Denver, then lost to Washington. But, yeah, this ain't the 92 Cowboys.

That team also lost to a listless Rams team at home in week 10.

I remember that game real well since I lived in LA at the time. Because the Raiders and Rams were both in LA (and never sold out) we never saw the Cowboys play.

However, it was a road game for the Rams, so the boys were on locally. I remember that was one of the worst teams I had ever seen, but they somehow beat an 8-1 Cowboys team pretty handedly.

StylisticS

Reaction score
The next year we escaped with a win on the last game of the season I believe against the Giants, right?

triplets92

Reaction score
rcaldw;1838869 said:

Go Cowboys!!

i needed that one man. good post

StylisticS

Reaction score
Also, while the 92 Cowboys is probably not a good comparison. Maybe the 95 Cowboys are. I believe we had a horrible December with the exception of the last game against Arizona. We lost to Philly at Philly than came home to beat The Giants on a last second field goal. Maybe that December compares better with this one.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And to the person who said that this isn't the 92 Cowboys, you are correct. But this also isn't the NFL of 1992, and the 2007 Cowboys are still the class of the NFC as I see it.

I agree. You don't have to be the 92 Cowboys to win it all in 2007. Every team has weaknesses, including those in the AFC - yes the Pats and Colts can be had. That being said, we still need to bring our A game on offense, defense and special teams - something we have yet to do in a game this season. If a wake up call is what the Cowboys needed, they got one today. It'll be interesting to see the results of how Wade motivates them this week.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
SibannacRex;1839110 said:
That team also lost to a listless Rams team at home in week 10.

I remember that game real well since I lived in LA at the time. Because the Raiders and Rams were both in LA (and never sold out) we never saw the Cowboys play.

However, it was a road game for the Rams, so the boys were on locally. I remember that was one of the worst teams I had ever seen, but they somehow beat an 8-1 Cowboys team pretty handedly.

Yeah, that game was awful. It looked like we were gonna find a way to pull it off but the Rams kept scoring. Cleveland Gary had a field day.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
kingwhicker;1839188 said:
Yeah, that game was awful. It looked like we were gonna find a way to pull it off but the Rams kept scoring. Cleveland Gary had a field day.
We even moved the ball down to the red zone but we misfired on fourth down.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
kingwhicker;1839220 said:
Yep, Troy threw to a wide open end zone :laugh2:
Don't remind me. I was a superbummed out 9 year old that day. Especially considerin the 49ers came back from a 20-0 deficit that day to beat the Saints 21-20

It all turned out well in the end though.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
windward;1839222 said:
Don't remind me. I was a superbummed out 9 year old that day. Especially considerin the 49ers came back from a 20-0 deficit that day to beat the Saints 21-20

It all turned out well in the end though.

Yeah, that was not a very good day, though the rest of the East lost that day too. I was a 19 year old bummed out generation X punk at the time. :D

It sure did turn out well though. Here's to hoping we have the same result this year.