Read this taken from another article

BHendri5

Reaction score
this confirms something I have been saying all season long, that if you play T.O. man to man without any safety help, he will burn your corner all day long, no matter who it is.

Read this, and post your thoughts, I took it as Nate had T.O. as his assignment alone.:

“After a while, when you’re playing against someone like T.O., and you know that sometimes even though you’re supposed to be pressed, maybe you back off a little bit,” Singletary said. “A guy like that can make you lose your confidence a little bit. It’s really unfortunate, but it happens.

“But I’m not going to all of a sudden say T.O. is the greatest wide receiver in the world. I think he does a heck of a job. But I just think when you’re not playing smart, and you’re not playing with confidence, sometimes that’s going to happen. I will not say that Nate can’t cover that guy. I will say Nate can cover him all over the field.”

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BHendri5;2439133 said:
“But I’m not going to all of a sudden say T.O. is the greatest wide receiver in the world. I think he does a heck of a job. But I just think when you’re not playing smart, and you’re not playing with confidence, sometimes that’s going to happen. I will not say that Nate can’t cover that guy. I will say Nate can cover him all over the field.”
If Wade had said this about Henry, he'd get crucified.

khiladi

Reaction score
Here is a quote from Mike Singletary:

Honestly, we wanted to mix it up. We wanted to play some press, and we wanted to play some off of him. There were a couple of times that Romo instead of getting sacked he ran around a little bit and the guy was looking at the quarterback instead of staying deep. Anytime you have a situation like that, we know we have to stay with the guy and not let him just run free. That’s what happened on a couple of plays. But we did press him as well.

khiladi

Reaction score
theogt;2439137 said:
If Wade had said this about Henry, he'd get crucified.

If Henry was playing TO man-to-man all day, I actually think TO would break a thousand yards that game...

Coy

Reaction score
khiladi;2439147 said:
If Henry was playing TO man-to-man all day, I actually think TO would break a thousand yards that game...

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
khiladi;2439147 said:

Could quite possibly be a record....

:D

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I've been saying this all along. It's not the press that's hurting Owens, it's more or less him getting doubled pretty much all game long. Crayton wasn't threatening anybody and while Roy E. isn't up to snuff yet, he's a much bigger threat than Crayton. Plus, they are starting to throw more slants Owens' way. Even Randy Moss struggles when he gets doubled all day long. But since the Pats had guys like Welker, Stallworth, Faulk and Watson (who at least presents a matchup problem) teams couldn't double him every down last year and he ran wild.

YAKUZA

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2439411 said:
I've been saying this all along. It's not the press that's hurting Owens, it's more or less him getting doubled pretty much all game long. Crayton wasn't threatening anybody and while Roy E. isn't up to snuff yet, he's a much bigger threat than Crayton. Plus, they are starting to throw more slants Owens' way. Even Randy Moss struggles when he gets doubled all day long. But since the Pats had guys like Welker, Stallworth, Faulk and Watson (who at least presents a matchup problem) teams couldn't double him every down last year and he ran wild.

YAKUZA
Well, it's the double that lets them press. They essentially assign two defenders to him all game, with the corner pressing and the safety constantly over top if the corner gets beat.