Realistic dream draft?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
So I'm sitting here thinking of what my dream draft would be that is somewhat realistic.

For me it would be getting DRC. If he somehow slips anywhere from 15-20 I'd like to trade up for him with our 3rd and the 22nd. He will learn the NFL game for a year as he plays our 4th DB. The guy will be a player in this league.

Next, I hope we trade our 28th pick, and if needed the 100 overall pick to the Lions for Roy Williams.

In the 2nd, I would go with the best available running back or safety. Be it Chris Johnson if he's there, Charles, or Ray Rice. If Tyrell Johnson is still on the board I'd jump over that as well.

3rd I'd look for some Oline depth, and maybe even some Dline if we are thinking of shipping Spears.

I dont know much about players beyond the 2nd or 3rd round so I'm not even going to attempt.

What are you guys hoping we do?

xpistofer

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2052230 said:
So I'm sitting here thinking of what my dream draft would be that is somewhat realistic.

For me it would be getting DRC. If he somehow slips anywhere from 15-20 I'd like to trade up for him with our 3rd and the 22nd. He will learn the NFL game for a year as he plays our 4th DB. The guy will be a player in this league.

Next, I hope we trade our 28th pick, and if needed the 100 overall pick to the Lions for Roy Williams.

In the 2nd, I would go with the best available running back or safety. Be it Chris Johnson if he's there, Charles, or Ray Rice. If Tyrell Johnson is still on the board I'd jump over that as well.

3rd I'd look for some Oline depth, and maybe even some Dline if we are thinking of shipping Spears.

I dont know much about players beyond the 2nd or 3rd round so I'm not even going to attempt.

What are you guys hoping we do?

perfect!

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
My dream draft would simply provide us one player that makes you go "YES!"

Maybe it's Roy Williams, Chad Johnson, or Anquan Boldin. Maybe it's McFadden (though that would make some, if not many, shout, "NO!!!"). Or maybe it's getting a corner -- like Cromartie -- or a running back -- like Stewart or Mendenhall -- that we just didn't think would fall.

That, and no "WTH?" picks in the top three rounds. No getting cute, passing on an immensely talented player that somehow falls to our pick.

That, coupled with a solid remainder of the draft that balances sticking to the board and filling holes, is all I ask.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
RainMan;2052244 said:
My dream draft would simply provide us one player that makes you go "YES!"

Maybe it's Roy Williams, Chad Johnson, or Anquan Boldin. Maybe it's McFadden (though that would make some, if not many, shout, "NO!!!"). Or maybe it's getting a corner -- like Cromartie -- or a running back -- like Stewart or Mendenhall -- that we just didn't think would fall.

That, and no "WTH?" picks in the top three rounds. No getting cute, passing on an immensely talented player that somehow falls to our pick.

That, coupled with a solid remainder of the draft that balances sticking to the board and filling holes, is all I ask.

I hate those picks. The 06 draft had a lot of those, and it didnt seem to turn out so well... The 2nd rounder was a waste and just got traded for a 4th, our first rounder doesnt see the field, our 4th rounder isn't on the team, nor is our 6th, and later 7th rounder. Far too many WTH's that day.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2052251 said:
I hate those picks. The 06 draft had a lot of those, and it didnt seem to turn out so well... The 2nd rounder was a waste and just got traded for a 4th, our first rounder doesnt see the field, our 4th rounder isn't on the team, nor is our 6th, and later 7th rounder. Far too many WTH's that day.

Since you brought up Fasano, the thing that bugged me about that pick was this: Upon the announcing of a tight end, we were all dumbfounded. But Parcells billed him as a guy that would team with Witten to form the league's best duo essentially, and that he'd create some dangerous weapon linebackers couldn't cover.

He essentially never became much more valuable than Sam Hurd. Filled a role well, could start a game if needed, but not a long-term fixture seemingly. Perhaps it's how he was used, who knows.

But yeah, none of those picks this year. It wasn't like Fasano was a Witten -- a first-round talent that fell to our laps. We pretty much picked him where he was slated to go. I'm fine with stealing a talent -- be it a Chad Henne, a pass-rushing linebacker, etc. -- at a non-need position in the second round. But I don't like the idea of taking a second-round talent at a non-need position in the second round ... if that makes any sense.