Reality Check

FiveRings

Reaction score
Good morning fans,

I've got some ranting to do. I hope it doesn't ruin anybody's day too thoroughly because remember, there's always next season.

For Dallas to secure a playoff spot, a couple of things have to happen in the next four weeks, the major one of course is the Cowboys handling their own business and winning out. Putting aside the outside help that's also needed to make the playoffs, the reason trying to believe this fantasy kills me is Week 17. I see it entirely feasible for the Cowboys to take down NYG, then Oakland, then vs. Seattle we see the return of Zeke. Hey, what do you know? We've suddenly got a punchers chance!

But going into Philly to play the now 10-2 Eagles daunts me. Even if Philly has all their playoff prospects in order by then and they bench some starters, I still don't see our team overcoming theirs. They trounced us Week 11, and I fear they'll do it again. Eagles Cowboys in Philly Week 17 invokes flashbacks of 44-6. Somebody please give me a reason to believe, because I foresee a major buildup to an epic letdown.

The Cowboys longest winning streak this season was capped at three weeks. Recent history is not on our side, nor is history dating back to 2008. Sorry to be the scrooge of this playoff run, but for whatever reason, I felt it necessary to share my dose of reality.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning fans,

I've got some ranting to do. I hope it doesn't ruin anybody's day too thoroughly because remember, there's always next season.

For Dallas to secure a playoff spot, a couple of things have to happen in the next four weeks, the major one of course is the Cowboys handling their own business and winning out. Putting aside the outside help that's also needed to make the playoffs, the reason trying to believe this fantasy kills me is Week 17. I see it entirely feasible for the Cowboys to take down NYG, then Oakland, then vs. Seattle we see the return of Zeke. Hey, what do you know? We've suddenly got a punchers chance!

But going into Philly to play the now 10-2 Eagles daunts me. Even if Philly has all their playoff prospects in order by then and they bench some starters, I still don't see our team overcoming theirs. They trounced us Week 11, and I fear they'll do it again. Eagles Cowboys in Philly Week 17 invokes flashbacks of 44-6. Somebody please give me a reason to believe, because I foresee a major buildup to an epic letdown.

The Cowboys longest winning streak this season was capped at three weeks. Recent history is not on our side, nor is history dating back to 2008. Sorry to be the scrooge of this playoff run, but for whatever reason, I felt it necessary to share my dose of reality.
2014, Week 13: PHI 33, DAL 10
2014, Week 15: DAL 38, PHI 27

Is that recent enough history for you?

shabazz

Reaction score
Wentz will carve up this D like Sherman marching through Georgia and Dak will continue his regression and be ineffective

No closer to greatness since the Romo days but at least we had a Qb that could steal games for us

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Check

/reality

checka.gif

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The problem, for me, is that i believe Atlanta would have to drop two out of the last three. I don't see that happening.

I could see us winning out and still missing the playoffs.