REALITY: Like it or not, this one's on Romo...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
We have to hope that Romo is up to the task tonight...

It really doesn't matter who QB's this team. Julius Jones torched Carolina last year and they were not about to let that happen again...

It will be eight men in the box all night until Romo can make something happen. Had Bledsoe been QB it would be the same thing. To be honest I am a bit more comfortable with Romo in that role at this point.

So, this game falls squarely onto the shoulders of Tony Romo... let's hope he is up to the challenge...

Moxie is the order of the night... ;)

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I think this game falls squarley on the DEFENSE, they have to step up and get physical and man handle the pantheres, Will mean nuthin to score 24 pts if the Defense gives up the big play and cant stop the run....Dejavu, Phily, jags, Giants etc,,, The defense must make the stand

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Bigdog24;1125604 said:
I think this game falls squarley on the DEFENSE, they have to step up and get physical and man handle the pantheres, Will mean nuthin to score 24 pts if the Defense gives up the big play and cant stop the run....Dejavu, Phily, jags, Giants etc,,, The defense must make the stand
I agree this game falls large on the D. they have to stop playing like crap and prove that they are a legit D

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;1125596 said:
We have to hope that Romo is up to the task tonight...

It really doesn't matter who QB's this team. Julius Jones torched Carolina last year and they were not about to let that happen again...

It will be eight men in the box all night until Romo can make something happen. Had Bledsoe been QB it would be the same thing. To be honest I am a bit more comfortable with Romo in that role at this point.

So, this game falls squarely onto the shoulders of Tony Romo... let's hope he is up to the challenge...

Moxie is the order of the night... ;)

WRONG...it falls squarely on the OL. If you give ANY QB 1 second to throw the football, well............you aren't going to get anywhere.

Romo and the team goes as far as the OL will let him/them.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Trickblue, your point is well made about it being on Romo's shoulders tonight. Let's hope that Jones can have similar success again tonight as he's had against them before, however, if the running game doesn't open things up for us, then I'll be glad that we have Romo's mobility to improvise when necessary.

31hammer

Reaction score
Da Hammer;1125612 said:
I agree this game falls large on the D. they have to stop playing like crap and prove that they are a legit D

Hey Da Hammer, is that a picture of Merriman shooting up?:D

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Sarge;1125617 said:
WRONG...it falls squarely on the OL. If you give ANY QB 1 second to throw the football, well............you aren't going to get anywhere.

I agree... some of you are missing my point...

They are goning to FLOOD the OL tonight... how Romo reacts will determine the outcome...

NickZepp

Reaction score
I think most likely after tonight we'll wish we had another QB. Romo didn't show any ability to pass last week. I don't think he'll do anything against one of the best defensive lines in the NFL.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Sarge;1125617 said:

Agreed agreed agreed agreed AGREED!

Needless to say, I couldn't agree more.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;1125646 said:
I agree... some of you are missing my point...

They are goning to FLOOD the OL tonight... how Romo reacts will determine the outcome...

The fact is, if the OL blocks like they did last week, it would be COMPLETELY unfair to expect anything whatsoever of Romo.

Kilyin

Reaction score
The OL isn't playing defense, which is where this team looks WEAK.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;1125617 said:

That will be the mantra the rest of the season.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Dunno what game you guys are watching, but our OL is actually playing well. The penalties are bad calls, and Colombo is owning Peppers.