Reasons Jerrah Does Not Fire Garrett

Romotil45

Reaction score
Any head coach that is relieved of his duties after the season, would be interested in coming here.

Just my opinion but I doubt it. If I'm an out of work NFL head coach I would rather sit a year or two to find a better situation. I guess we will find out soon. Head Coaches without a job have so many opportunities these days as analysis. They can afford to wait for good opportunities.

endersdragon

Reaction score
The last 3 years he couldn't? You don't fire a coach after losing a star QB for a year (3 years ago). You don't fire a coach who takes a young 4th round rookie QB and makes the playoffs and even does something in them (2 years ago). And you don't fire a coach after all the BS that happened last year (especially considering with our best player in the lineup last year we were a playoff caliber team). That's the simple facts. Now say what you will about the 8-8 seasons, I was all in favor of firing him then... but yea these last 3 years it really hasn't made that much sense. Now after this year, if he doesn't turn it around, yea Garrett is gone. But why hope for a midseason firing and why hope it won't turn around?

Romotil45

Reaction score
The last 3 years he couldn't? You don't fire a coach after losing a star QB for a year (3 years ago). You don't fire a coach who takes a young 4th round rookie QB and makes the playoffs and even does something in them (2 years ago). And you don't fire a coach after all the BS that happened last year (especially considering with our best player in the lineup last year we were a playoff caliber team). That's the simple facts. Now say what you will about the 8-8 seasons, I was all in favor of firing him then... but yea these last 3 years it really hasn't made that much sense. Now after this year, if he doesn't turn it around, yea Garrett is gone. But why hope for a midseason firing and why hope it won't turn around?

This is all about what Jerrah will do not what I would do. Im not sure even Richards would want to risk his future taking over with Dak at the helm. Im not sure you could find a better coach than Garrett to hire here. However there is hope if it doesn't turn around. Its this guy.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------But why hope for a mid-season firing and why hope it won't turn around?

Why hope it won't turn around? Because I am SICK of all these smoke and mirrors acts that longevity has allowed The Clapping Carrot to pull off....and pull the wool over some fans eyes. Not this guy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jerry prefers to hire people he's "comfortable" with, people he knows.

He thought Jason was going to his guy for the long term. I don't think he really has any idea where he'd turn to next because that wasn't part of the plan.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I think there are plenty of coaches which would take the Cowboys job. Jerry's ego is the problem which is why I think he is holding onto Garrett for so long. There are coaches out there would I believe can turn the Cowboys into a superbowl contending team. But, is that Garrett isn't one of them.