CFZ Rebuild the team

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think the time has come for a total rebuild to take place. I know some on here want Payton, but, imo, he's right out because the Saints will want at least a 1st for him, and we can't afford that. This team needs all the 1at round picks it can get. So, I think we will need to make some tough decisions, and here are some of them:

1. Trade Trevon Diggs - I know you're all going to hate this, but we need 1st round picks, and we're not going anywhere this season. Let's face it. It's a lost season. Dak's out for a few weeks. We don't have weapons on offense, or any semblance of.blocking. So, I think we are going to seriously have to trade some top players so that we can load up on 1sts as that is the only way Jerry knows how to build a team. To start this, Diggs may have to be traded. We can get at least a first for him, and we can use that for additional online or WR.
2. Fire Kellen Moore - We need to bin him. He doesn't know how to playcall our players to their strengths. His protection schemes are awful, and his playcalling is worse.
3. Bin Philbin - he's an awful OL coach.
4. Trade DLaw - we can probably get some good picks for him, and we can use one for a new pass rusher, and we might need to get a QB. So,.using some of these picks can help us trade up for another 1st.

Essentially, I'm talking about scraping a lot of players, but we need to revamp a lot, and adding first and second round picks help. Might be an overreaction, but, if the Cowboys are serious about competing next year, then they need to make a lot of trades and moves. Rebuilding needs to happen.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It wouldn’t matter. Jerry Jones and his “family business” will never steer this team to a championship again.

They’re in it for the money; if glory and championships come along with that, great, but that’s not their motivation.

The Jones aren’t capable of rebuilding this team into a true contender.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here's the problem: the same architects.

I know it's useless, and, as a young fan, I'm beyond frustrated as I made known. However, I think, if the Cowboys are going to have any success any time soon, we need to sell a lot. I nearly included Micah Parsons in this, and I am going to now. Micah's career is going to be wasted here, and we can potentially get a Herschel Walker deal for him. I think we should trade him as we will likely get a lot of first round picks for him.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think the time has come for a total rebuild to take place. I know some on here want Payton, but, imo, he's right out because the Saints will want at least a 1st for him, and we can't afford that. This team needs all the 1at round picks it can get. So, I think we will need to make some tough decisions, and here are some of them:

1. Trade Trevon Diggs - I know you're all going to hate this, but we need 1st round picks, and we're not going anywhere this season. Let's face it. It's a lost season. Dak's out for a few weeks. We don't have weapons on offense, or any semblance of.blocking. So, I think we are going to seriously have to trade some top players so that we can load up on 1sts as that is the only way Jerry knows how to build a team. To start this, Diggs may have to be traded. We can get at least a first for him, and we can use that for additional online or WR.
2. Fire Kellen Moore - We need to bin him. He doesn't know how to playcall our players to their strengths. His protection schemes are awful, and his playcalling is worse.
4. Trade DLaw - we can probably get some good picks for him, and we can use one for a new pass rusher, and we might need to get a QB. So,.using some of these picks can help us trade up for another 1st.

Essentially, I'm talking about scraping a lot of players, but we need to revamp a lot, and adding first and second round picks help. Might be an overreaction, but, if the Cowboys are serious about competing next year, then they need to make a lot of trades and moves. Rebuilding needs to happen.
Other teams know Tank sucks. Only the Cowboys haven’t caught on yet.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Here's the problem: the same architects.
the-matrix-the-architect.gif

J_Allen

Reaction score
It wouldn’t matter. Jerry Jones and his “family business” will never steer this team to a championship again.

They’re in it for the money; if glory and championships come along with that, great, but that’s not their motivation.

The Jones aren’t capable of rebuilding this team into a true contender.

There's no point in watching this team anymore. I'm not wasting any more of my time this year. This is most likely the only Cowboys game I'm watching.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

You could switch the Bills and Cowboys roster and in 6 weeks have the same thing. It’s the culture. Period.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I agree trade everyone that is tradeable. Start over with Parsons and Tyler Smith as cornerstones

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rebuild the team

Cant do that. In Jerry's mighty football brain we are always "thisclose".

Maybe a poor season or two with glaring issues will help him to realise we're nowhere near close to competing.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Next year, goodbye Zeke, dump Philbin, get on with Sean Peyton and gives him roster control and play calling.

we look like 2-3 wins this year so plan ahead for the following years

lucky to have been through the Landry and Johnson years so have seen the glory and see no similarities in the near future with a McCarthy lead team

NickZepp

Reaction score
This talk about rebuilding is dumb. If we get healthy we'll be alright this year but that's seeming like a pretty big if. The OL needs to probably be restructured for years but we started with the Smith kid. He'll have a tough year but he's a rookie. The mistake was not starting the OL rebuild years ago when we could have gotten something for Tyron Smith. We should have started rebuilding the OL when Frederick retired. I don't even think you can get a 3rd or 4th rounder for Tyron now.