RECAP: Jason Ferguson with BaD Radio on The Ticket...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Fergie:
  • Three straight is big for us. We want to add another one this weekend. It's easier said than done. You hear how they are talking and what's going on, but they will be ready to play Sunday.
  • There is a lot on the line this week. The two teams don't like each other and I have guys I've played with on that team and they won't get any calls from me.
  • We aren't worried about what comes out of that locker room. What matters is Sunday and putting it on the field. I'm pretty sure we can come out of this game with a W.
  • We were embarrassed how we handled the last game with them. It's not what they did, but what we did. We were embarrassed for ourselves and the fans and we need to clear that up.
  • The first drive by Tampa was a wake-up call for us. We thought we would hit them and they would roll over.
  • The offense is really rolling right now. "Go Romo, Go Romo, Go Romo"... we are sure happy when they get rolling like that. It's great not to have to pitch a shut-out. What the kid is doing is ridiculous. It's unheard of in this sport and it's the kind of thing that people look to root for. We are happy about how he came in and handled himself.
  • Hey, the sad thing about it that when the kicker has a bad game he can't blame the other ten guys. They are out there by himself. Mike was in the league long enough to know how it goes. I'm sure he was shocked, I know I was. I hope it works out for us. We got rid of one crazy kicker and got another one. I can't wait to see his dance, man. No, I don't hang around with kickers except in the locker room. Well, I did hang out with John Hall when we wereboth with the Jets.
  • We are wanting to handle Eli the way we handled his brother. We want to hurry him, give him happy feet. Pressure him. I will always remind him who the better Manning is when I tackle him. I tell him "I like Archie"...

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
trickblue;1198798 said:
Fergie:
  • Three straight is big for us. We want to add another one this weekend. It's easier said than done. You hear how they are talking and what's going on, but they will be ready to play Sunday.
  • There is a lot on the line this week. The two teams don't like each other and I have guys I've played with on that team and they won't get any calls from me.
  • We aren't worried about what comes out of that locker room. What matters is Sunday and putting it on the field. I'm pretty sure we can come out of this game with a W.
  • We were embarrassed how we handled the last game with them. It's not what they did, but what we did. We were embarrassed for ourselves and the fans and we need to clear that up.
  • The first drive by Tampa was a wake-up call for us. We thought we would hit them and they would roll over.
  • The offense is really rolling right now. "Go Romo, Go Romo, Go Romo"... we are sure happy when they get rolling like that. It's great not to have to pitch a shut-out. What the kid is doing is ridiculous. It's unheard of in this sport and it's the kind of thing that people look to root for. We are happy about how he came in and handled himself.
  • Hey, the sad thing about it that when the kicker has a bad game he can't blame the other ten guys. They are out there by himself. Mike was in the league long enough to know how it goes. I'm sure he was shocked, I know I was. I hope it works out for us. We got rid of one crazy kicker and got another one. I can't wait to see his dance, man. No, I don't hang around with kickers except in the locker room. Well, I did hang out with John Hall when we wereboth with the Jets.
  • We are wanting to handle Eli the way we handled his brother. We want to hurry him, give him happy feet. Pressure him. I will always remind him who the better Manning is when I tackle him. I tell him "I like Archie"...
great stuff! thanx

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotta love Ferguson, not just for his play this year but his joking and fun attitude.

Love that line about talking smack to Eli.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fergie said:
We are wanting to handle Eli the way we handled his brother. We want to hurry him, give him happy feet. Pressure him. I will always remind him who the better Manning is when I tackle him. I tell him "I like Archie"...
:laugh2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
trickblue;1198798 said:
Fergie:

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
trickblue;1198798 said:
I will always remind him who the better Manning is when I tackle him. I tell him "I like Archie"...
:lmao2: Priceless!

TwentyOne

Reaction score
trickblue;1198798 said:
Fergie:

:eek: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
If nothing else, our team confidence is really starting to grow big time.

true_north

Reaction score
That quote about Archie is priceless.

We are wanting to handle Eli the way we handled his brother. We want to hurry him, give him happy feet. Pressure him. I will always remind him who the better Manning is when I tackle him. I tell him "I like Archie"...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Okay, the I like Archie stuff is awesome. That was one of the most fun interviews we've had a recap on.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Good stuff

Ferg is going to be the first line of defense against Tiki, have to make him get outside to Ware and Singleton so they can swallow him up.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;1198798 said:
Mike was in the league long enough to know how it goes. I'm sure he was shocked, I know I was. I hope it works out for us.

:eek: second-guesser!!!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Now that's what I call a"Great" interview. Thank You Fergie. :D