Video: Receivers Coach - Adam Henry: His Upside Is Tremendous

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

So..

I really know little about him.

What is his reputation?

What receivers did he coach that we would know of?

I look at all these coaches McCarthy brought with him.

It seems alot of them were with him before in GB. Don't want to be doubting..

but they were not top coaching guys where McCarthy got them from.

Is this coach a motivator? Or is he a Xs and O's guy that wants schemes to be the focus?

I like Ernie Stautner types that look like they can step in and show you to get your attention.

This guy seems a little reserved the way he says he observes from a distance and assesses if the players are getting along and whatever.

Not how I would expect a new coach to by doing it. He has a vet in Coop and 2 young WRs that need alot of focus.

Plus we know Cooper had poor play in away games and there is obviously something Cooper needs sharpening to stop that. It was said that also happened in Oakland.

This guy has a position that is fundamental to team success. We all know Sanjay did pretty well producing nearly 3000 yds with Cobb and our 2 WRs plus Witten had another 600 yds or so as slow as he was.

I was surprised Sanjay was let go. He left some decent shoes to fill if you ask me.

What do you guys think?

75boyz

Reaction score
So..

What is his reputation?

Is this coach a motivator? Or is he a Xs and O's guy that wants schemes to be the focus?

I like Ernie Stautner types that look like they can step in and show you to get your attention.

This guy seems a little reserved the way he says he observes from a distance and assesses if the players are getting along and whatever.

Not how I would expect a new coach to by doing it. He has a vet in Coop and 2 young WRs that need alot of focus.

Plus we know Cooper had poor play in away games and there is obviously something Cooper needs sharpening to stop that. It was said that also happened in Oakland.

This guy has a position that is fundamental to team success. We all know Sanjay did pretty well producing nearly 3000 yds with Cobb and our 2 WRs plus Witten had another 600 yds or so as slow as he was.

I was surprised Sanjay was let go. He left some decent shoes to fill if you ask me.

What do you guys think?

Nice post.
Not big on McC, Nolan, Moore or Philbin. Don't know who the Henry guy is. I like Tomsula, Edwards and Fassel. Maybe they all just needed either a change of scenery or more experience(for the newer, younger coaches) to reach their maximum potential. That's the hope for here I assume. A bunch of mixed reviews in my eyes. Just another of my unpopular opinions here, lol.

Go Cowboys

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So..

What is his reputation?

What do you guys think?
Agreed, Red. You nailed it on all points. Time will tell.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I trust Adam Henry's abilities. He's had vast experience for several NFL teams since 2007. They are the Saints, Giants, 49ers, Browns and in college, as a WR coach at LSU. He considers himself to be a coaches coach, as opposed to being a players coach. Sounds to me like he doesn't cater to babying his players but follows the standard NFL agenda for what their coaches are expected to do. Ideally, that would seem a good thing.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
So..

What is his reputation?

What do you guys think?
As far as the wide receivers Henry coached, the two most well known are Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry. He coached both Jarvis and Odell in College at LSU where he helped them to a number of awards and to both be high draft picks.

He was a TE’s coach for the Raiders for 3 years where he helped Zach Miller lead the team in receptions for all three seasons, I believe. He coached under Hue Jackson there.

He ended up with Odell Beckham Jr on the NY Giants where, unless I’m remembering wrong, Odell pushed for Henry to be the WR coach there.

Then, when the Giants cleaned house and fired head coach Ben McAdoo, Henry joined his former boss Hue Jackson in Cleveland, where they traded for both Jarvis Landry and then Odell Beckham the following season.

I remember reading somewhere that Henry is known for two things: attention to detail and for his players to really love playing for him. I can’t remember where I read it but it was back around when McCarthy hired him.

So, that’s about all I know about our WR coach.

As far as If I think he’s a good coach for the WR’s in Dallas... I think he’ll do fine. His players do like and respect him, which is probably the biggest thing. He certainly has a good group to work with.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Nice post.
Not big on McC, Nolan, Moore or Philbin. Don't know who the Henry guy is. I like Tomsula, Edwards and Fassel. Maybe they all just needed either a change of scenery or more experience(for the newer, younger coaches) to reach their maximum potential. That's the hope for here I assume. A bunch of mixed reviews in my eyes. Just another of my unpopular opinions here, lol.

Go Cowboys
You and the rest of us.

Way back when Jimster took over and brought his staff from UM..

those guys on his staff were well known because UM was playing alot in post season and you were aware of their college success coming to Dallas.

Even with Parcells he had a few with known reps like Payton.

But Big Mike.? I know very very little.

Of course we had under Garrett so many ex HCs becuz Jerrah wanted experience to prop up Garrett.

Guys like Marinelli and others were unable to recreate anything lasting in Dallas.

So I guess it's the devil you don't know rather than the devil you do know that is preferable.

:laugh:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I trust Adam Henry's abilities. He's had vast experience for several NFL teams since 2007. They are the Saints, Giants, 49ers, Browns and in college, as a WR coach at LSU. He considers himself to be a coaches coach, as opposed to being a players coach. Sounds to me like he doesn't cater to babying his players but follows the standard NFL agenda for what their coaches are expected to do. Ideally, that would seem a good thing.
Well Flop...

I am glad you added some lineage there.

Coaches coach.

I like that for now as long as we do not see Cooper on the sidelines on late 4th Qt drives with the playoffs on the line.

Thanks for the comment.

:flagwave:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
As far as the wide receivers Henry coached, the two most well known are Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry. He coached both Jarvis and Odell in College at LSU where he helped them to a number of awards and to both be high draft picks.

He was a TE’s coach for the Raiders for 3 years where he helped Zach Miller lead the team in receptions for all three seasons, I believe. He coached under Hue Jackson there.

He ended up with Odell Beckham Jr on the NY Giants where, unless I’m remembering wrong, Odell pushed for Henry to be the WR coach there.

Then, when the Giants cleaned house and fired head coach Ben McAdoo, Henry joined his former boss Hue Jackson in Cleveland, where they traded for both Jarvis Landry and then Odell Beckham the following season.

I remember reading somewhere that Henry is known for two things: attention to detail and for his players to really love playing for him. I can’t remember where I read it but it was back around when McCarthy hired him.

So, that’s about all I know about our WR coach.

As far as If I think he’s a good coach for the WR’s in Dallas... I think he’ll do fine. His players do like and respect him, which is probably the biggest thing. He certainly has a good group to work with.
Very good input.

So yeah, this group of WRs should respond to his style.

We are all learning what is under the hood with this team right now.

Alot of recycled leadership it would appear going on.

My biggest hope is I really want to see this team play all 3 phases for 60 minutes.

I can hardly remember the last time we saw a season of that.