Recommend some good books you've read lately

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Recommend some good reads you've read lately.

I'll start with three titles:

Inside the Third Reich by Albert Speer - Actually, I'm still reading this one, but if you're like me and love anything WWII, especially the European theater, then this book is for you. It's an inside look at the **** regime by one of the few repentant Nuremberg defendants. It's a fascinating insiders look at **** Germany and Hitler's rise to power.

Live from New York: An Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live by Tom Shales & James Andrew Miller - It's not really written by those two, they're more the editors. These fellas interviewed every cast member (except Eddie Murphy, he still refuses to do anything SNL related to this day), writer and producer from 1975 to 2003 on SNL and created a huge history of the show with all the great stories and quotes they got from these folks. If you're like me and have watched SNL since you remember, have all the "Best of" SNL collections, as well as catching constant reruns, you'll love this book. There are so many comedic geniuses that have come out of that show.

Once A Cowboy by Walt Garrison - My last football read and probably my favorite Dallas Cowboys book of all-time. No one can tell stories like Garrison and I only hope some of the later Cowboys generations had somebody in the locker room like Garrison so we can get another one of these books. Something tells me with the way pro sports have changed, we'll never get quite the down-to-earth storytelling and episiodes that Garrison had ever again.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I just got done reading D-Day June 6, 1944 by Stephen Ambrose. Probably the most detailed account of the invasion of Normandy ever recorded. Great book.